Windows 10: Favorites

Discus and support Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Where can I find Favorites on my C-drive. In windows 7 it was in Users folder. Reason I am asking is that before installing windows 10, I had saved my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, Aug 16, 2015.

1. huffman Win User

Favorites

Where can I find Favorites on my C-drive.
    In windows 7 it was in Users folder. Reason I am asking is that before installing windows 10, I had saved my favorites as a WinRAR file.
    I would like to extract that file so my old favorites show in the browser.
    How do I go about this? Thank you

:)

huffman, Aug 16, 2015
  2. graye Win User

how do i get my favorites to appear in the favorites bar

There are 2 steps...

1) Enable the horizontal favorites bar (which it appear that you have already done)

2) Put some favorites in the folder called "Favorites Bar". So, use the "hub" to expose the favorites pane (that appears as a vertical list on the right hand side), use "drag-and-drop" to move some favorites to the folder called "Favorites Bar"

graye, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Stdy Win User
    Lost Favorites after Windows 10 upgrade

Yesterday May 25 I received the latest major Windows update with all the new Edge features. Unfortunately my favorites were replaced with an old (1 year+) list of favorites. And when I look at the Favorites file on my C drive (C/...Favorites), it has an
    even older version of my favorites - not the favorites that currently appear on my Edge drop down favorites list. Furthermore, I can not find the drop down favorites nor my latest favorites anywhere on my computer.

How can I get back my latest version of favorites that disappeared during the upgrade??

4. cbwilsha Win User

Favorites

Mine are at C Drive>>Users>>(Your name)>>Favorites.

cbwilsha, Aug 16, 2015
  5. huffman Win User
    I had looked there before but I looked again after your response. All my old Favorites were there now (not there when I had checked before).

For the next step; how do I get the old Favorites to show when in the browser?
    The only ones showing there now are one I have created since installing Windows 10.

huffman, Aug 16, 2015
  6. cbwilsha Win User
    Have you tried the "Import Favorites" command under Favorites in Edge? Another possibility is to see if your Favorites show up in Internet Explorer. If so, maybe you can Export them from IE to Edge. Back when I first installed Win 10 (October 2014 as a tester), my Favorites from Firefox were automatically exported to IE. And then when Edge came along, they were automatically exported from IE to Edge.

cbwilsha, Aug 17, 2015
  7. huffman Win User
    As far as I know I do not have IE anymore. I do know they were showing in IE before transitioning to Windows 10.

huffman, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Favorites

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2015
  9. cbwilsha Win User
    "I do know they were showing in IE before transitioning to Windows 10."
    ______________________________________________________________________________

If so, then they should be in IE when you find it and either exportable to Edge from IE or importable from Edge. I would try importable from Edge first. Paul's instructions are correct about where to find IE.

cbwilsha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Favorites

1. Favorites - Similar Threads - Favorites

2. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  3. import favorites from another browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import favorites from another browser: How do I import favorites from another browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-favorites-from-another-browser/6d2cfefb-691b-4e2a-8899-8b7873e0b8fb
  4. Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working

Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working: I have to restart Microsoft Edge just to get the arrow drop down, at the far right hand side of the favorites bar, to display other favorites. Can anyone Help?...
  5. Location of Favorites

Location of Favorites: Windows 10 where is the location of favourites list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-favorites/0923518b-15cf-42b5-a45b-08e089a3c1cb"
  6. red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer: Like others have asked, why do I have that red circle with X on my favorite folder every thing is synced properly in that folder as I have asked Geek Squad to help me sync everything since I did have at one time the problem of those pesty thumb.db files causing problems with...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  8. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  9. when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open?

when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open?: when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-attempt-to-open-my-favorites-i-get-a-blank/d6e5d11a-4026-4d2a-a140-d3dbdc596dc6"
  10. How to un-favorite something in google search bar?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to un-favorite something in google search bar?: not sure if this belongs on microsoft answers, but something i looked up that was meant to be in incognito mode wasn't and somehow was favorited, probably via a keyboard shortcut, and i dont know how to look through my favorites. With it favorited i cant delete it from my...