Windows 10: Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt

Discus and support Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just installed 1903 update. Now if I follow Advanced Startup - Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Command Prompt I get a message saying that I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllenMcdevitt, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt

Just installed 1903 update. Now if I follow Advanced Startup - Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Command Prompt I get a message saying that I need to sign in as an administrator. It goes on to say that I do not have any administrator accounts on this PC. In fact I have 2 administrator accounts on my computer. I went back into windows and logged into the other administrator account and tried it from there but got same results. Created a new admin account, logged into it and tried it from there but still got the same results.

Has anyone seen this issue?

:)

AllenMcdevitt, Jul 16, 2019

2. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

I'm trying to use MBR2GPT in Windows 10 for my system disk so I can use UEFI, and I suppose I need to use command prompt in Advanced Startup.

But when I do Advanced Startup and go into Troubleshoot, the only option I can see is Startup Settings.

No Command Prompt, no System Restore, nothing, just Startup Settings.

So how can I get access to command prompt? Or can I just use MBR2GPT in cmd while running Windows 10?

EricFeng8808, Jul 16, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt

1. Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt - Similar Threads - Feature Update 1903

2. Command prompt startup issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt startup issue: Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and saying, "Windows cannot find '--minimized'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again."I keep looking for...
  3. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup: Hi, I tried to recover my password in advanced startup on my HP laptop Windows 11 but unfortunately, I can't find the command prompt when I go in to troubleshoot I see only the start-up settings and UEFI firmware I can't find the command prompt please help thanks by the way I...
  4. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup: Hi, I tried to recover my password in advanced startup on my HP laptop Windows 11 but unfortunately, I can't find the command prompt when I go in to troubleshoot I see only the start-up settings and UEFI firmware I can't find the command prompt please help thanks by the way I...
  5. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  6. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  7. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Advanced Options Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Options Command Prompt Problem: Ok so I set a net user <username> /time command and I need to remove the command in advanced options command prompt. When the try to execute the command net user <username> /time:all. It returns username not found. I am confused about what is going wrong submitted by...
  9. Can't install Feature Update 1903 or 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Feature Update 1903 or 1909: I'm running Windows 10 version 1809 and I've tried numerous times to Download & Install versions 1903 and 1909. They download okay, however, when I try to install they get to a certain point and then I get a message that computer has to undo changes and reverts back to...
  10. Regular command prompt on Advanced startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regular command prompt on Advanced startup: Is it possible to access regular Command Prompt (non-administrator command prompt), through advanced startup? If so, how do i get to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regular-command-prompt-on-advanced-startup/b480184b-f422-4c56-8214-c0274f294009"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1703 to 1903 command prompt

2. 1903 unable to get advanced options windows updates

3. no command prompt in advanced startup