Windows 10: File Association Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support File Association Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recent installed Lotus SmartSuite to my Windows 10 64 bit PC, as I have large numbers of old delivery dockets, created using Lotus WordPro years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Banjo_172, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Banjo_172 Win User

File Association Settings in Windows 10

I have recent installed Lotus SmartSuite to my Windows 10 64 bit PC, as I have large numbers of old delivery dockets, created using Lotus WordPro years ago, that I need to access occasionally, when dealing with warranty claims & service matters.

WordPro works perfectly.

However, if I click on a WordPro file (xxx.lwp) it does not automatically open using WordPro software.

I then found the Apps files associations settings, & xxx.lwp files are defaulted to open using NotePad. The only other option is to "Look in the MS App Store. How can I simply associate xxx.lwp files with WordPro software on my PC ?

I know I've been able to do this previously, in earlier versions of Windows.

Many thanks for any suggestions offered.

:)

Banjo_172, Jun 28, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Edwin, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. File Association Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Association Settings

2. File Association issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Association issues in Windows 10: When installing an Adobe app, files associations work as expected. When I install a beta version of the same Adobe app, files association are moved to the beta version of the Adobe app. Once that happens, there is no way to move the file association back to the regular app...
  3. Windows 10 File Association Citrix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Association Citrix: I'm need to re-associate the Citrix .ica file to "Citrix Connection Manager" after installing Citrix Workspace. Currently, the .ica file is associated with Internet Explorer. When I click on Internet Explorer to change the association, only "Adobe Acrobat DC" and "Internet...
  4. Windows 10 File Associations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Associations: Hi, We are struggling to apply file associations effectively via our SCCM task sequence on build by applying a customisation XML we created. The only change the in the XML is for Adobe Reader for PDF to be used instead of Edge naively. The XML seems to apply...
  5. File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings: I would like to associate the php file format with a text editor utility such as Sublime Text. When I attempt to "always open file type with Sublime Text" via the context menu in Windows Explorer, it does not work. When I open Settings > Default Apps > Choose Default Apps by...
  6. Can't set file association for php files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set file association for php files: Using Windows 10, I want to set a file association for php files to a particular application, but when I do it is not stored. Example 1: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Open with". I select the application I want to use and make sure that the "Always...
  7. File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings

File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings: First please see my efforts: UP4rSTo1_IM https://i.gyazo.com/deaaf6526789b292...0e0d29230a.gif Basically when I create a file extension of a file the system does not recognise, the above shown in the two videos / gif does not work. It does not store in the system. I have...
  8. Set file association for .NEF files

Set file association for .NEF files: I have Photoshop CS4 along with Camera Raw installed as well as Adobe Acrobat 9.5. Everytime I try to open a .NEF file Windows tries to open it in Acrobat 9.5. Naturally it cannot. When I go to the file associations Photoshop CS4 is not an option. Can anyone help me associate...
  9. Set File Association with .reg File

Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...
  10. Windows 10 file association problem

Windows 10 file association problem: I use Bittorrent sometimes (legally). I don't like when downloading the torrent for it to open the app but prefer to SAVE the file until I can check it out. Win 7 had this ability, and after cleaning out ALL OF BITTORRENT from my SYSTEM, when a torrent link is clicked, it...