Windows 10: List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10

Discus and support List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Michael, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Michael Win User

List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10

How to: List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10

List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that you'll want to change can be found in the Settings app.

The Control Panel allows you to view and change settings (controls) for Windows via applets.

Settings is a modern touch friendly version of the Control Panel that will eventually replace the Control Panel in Windows 10.

This tutorial will provide a list of commands to open or create shortcuts to Control Panel items in Windows 10.

List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note To create a shortcut:

1) Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on New, and click/tap on Shortcut.

2) Copy the command you want from the table below as the "location", and click/tap on Next.

3) Type a name you want for this shortcut, and click/tap on Finish.

4) If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

[table][tr][td]Control Panel Item[/td] [td]Commands[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Add a Device wizard[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\DevicePairingWizard.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Add Hardware wizard[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\hdwwiz.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Add a Printer wizard[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL AddPrinter[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Additional Clocks[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Administrative Tools[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.AdministrativeTools control admintools[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]AutoPlay[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.AutoPlay[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Backup and Restore (Windows 7)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.BackupAndRestoreCenter[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]BitLocker Drive Encryption[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.BitLockerDriveEncryption[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Color and Appearance[/td] [td]explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageColorization[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Color Management[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.ColorManagement[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Credential Manager[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.CredentialManager[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Date and Time (Date and Time)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.DateAndTime control timedate.cpl control date/time rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Date and Time (Additional Clocks)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Default Programs[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Desktop Background[/td] [td]explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Desktop Icon Settings[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Device Manager[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.DeviceManager control hdwwiz.cpl devmgmt.msc[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Devices and Printers[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters control printers[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Ease of Access Center[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.EaseOfAccessCenter control access.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]File Explorer Options (General tab)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.FolderOptions control folders rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]File Explorer Options (View tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 7[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]File Explorer Options (Search tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]File History[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.FileHistory[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Fonts[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.Fonts control fonts[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Game Controllers[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.GameControllers control joy.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Get Programs[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.GetPrograms rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]HomeGroup[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.HomeGroup[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Indexing Options[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.IndexingOptions rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL srchadmin.dll[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Infrared[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.Infrared control irprops.cpl control /name Microsoft.InfraredOptions[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Internet Properties (General tab)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.InternetOptions control inetcpl.cpl rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Internet Properties (Security tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Internet Properties (Privacy tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Internet Properties (Content tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,3[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Internet Properties (Connections tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,4[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Internet Properties (Programs tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,5[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Internet Properties (Advanced tab)[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,6[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]iSCSI Initiator[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.iSCSIInitiator[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Keyboard[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.Keyboard control keyboard[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Language[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.Language[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Mouse Properties (Buttons tab 0)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.Mouse control main.cpl control mouse rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL main.cpl,,0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Mouse Properties (Pointers tab 1)[/td] [td]control main.cpl,,1 rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL main.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Mouse Properties (Pointer Options tab 2)[/td] [td]control main.cpl,,2 rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL main.cpl,,2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Mouse Properties (Wheel tab 3)[/td] [td]control main.cpl,,3 rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL main.cpl,,3[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Mouse Properties (Hardware tab 4)[/td] [td]control main.cpl,,4 rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL main.cpl,,4[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Network and Sharing Center[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Network Connections[/td] [td]control ncpa.cpl control netconnections[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Network Setup Wizard[/td] [td]control netsetup.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Notification Area Icons[/td] [td]explorer shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ODBC Data Source Administrator[/td] [td]control odbccp32.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Offline Files[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.OfflineFiles[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Performance Options (Visual Effects)[/td] [td]%windir%\system32\SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Performance Options (Data Execution Prevention)[/td] [td]%windir%\system32\SystemPropertiesDataExecutionPrevention.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Personalization[/td] [td]explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Phone and Modem[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.PhoneAndModem control telephon.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Power Options[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.PowerOptions control powercfg.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Power Options - Advanced settings[/td] [td]control powercfg.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Power Options - Create a Power Plan[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.PowerOptions /page pageCreateNewPlan[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Power Options - Edit Plan Settings[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.PowerOptions /page pagePlanSettings[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Power Options - System Settings[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.PowerOptions /page pageGlobalSettings[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Presentation Settings[/td] [td]%windir%\system32\PresentationSettings.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Programs and Features[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures control appwiz.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Recovery[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.Recovery[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Region (Formats tab)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.RegionAndLanguage control /name Microsoft.RegionalAndLanguageOptions /page /p:"Formats" control intl.cpl control international[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Region (Location tab)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.RegionalAndLanguageOptions /page /p:"Location"[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Region (Administrative tab)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.RegionalAndLanguageOptions /page /p:"Administrative"[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]RemoteApp and Desktop Connections[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.RemoteAppAndDesktopConnections[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Scanners and Cameras[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.ScannersAndCameras control sticpl.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Screen Saver Settings[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Security and Maintenance[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.ActionCenter control wscui.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Set Associations[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageFileAssoc[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Set Default Programs[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageDefaultProgram[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Set Program Access and Computer Defaults[/td] [td]rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,3[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Sound (Playback tab)[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.Sound control mmsys.cpl %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Sound (Recording tab)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Sound (Sounds tab)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Sound (Communications tab)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,3[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Speech Recognition[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.SpeechRecognition[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Storage Spaces[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.StorageSpaces[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Sync Center[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.SyncCenter[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.System control sysdm.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Icons[/td] [td]explorer shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9} \SystemIcons,,0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Properties (Computer Name)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Properties (Hardware)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesHardware.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Properties (Advanced)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Properties (System Protection)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Properties (Remote)[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesRemote.exe[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Tablet PC Settings[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.TabletPCSettings[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Text to Speech[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.TextToSpeech[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Troubleshooting[/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr][td]User Accounts[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.UserAccounts control userpasswords[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]User Accounts (netplwiz)[/td] [td]netplwiz control userpasswords2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Defender Firewall[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.WindowsFirewall control firewall.cpl[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Features[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\OptionalFeatures.exe rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Mobility Center[/td] [td]control /name Microsoft.MobilityCenter[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Work Folders[/td] [td]%windir%\System32\WorkFolders.exe[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Michael, Dec 23, 2017

2. I can't open speech referance card on WIN 10 can someone help me ?

When I open it from the System Tray icon running with Speech Recognition Desktop app, it does open

Windows Speech Recognition commands - Windows Help

From the Speech Recognition Control Panel at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Speech Recognition it also opens from the link at bottom to same page.

Where are you finding it still doesn't open?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 23, 2017
  3. Cannot launch anything by right clicking on the start menu

I used to be able to launch the control panel, device manager, command prompt and other items by right clicking on the start menu and selecting one of those items to launch. Now when I do this nothing happens. If I type "control panel" in the search box
    and click on the result, the control panel opens.

Does anyone know how to get this functionality back?

This is in Windows 10.

Muffinhead52, Dec 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Michael, *Smile

Which command did you use?

Which tab in Mouse Properties did you want to have it open to?

Brink, Dec 23, 2017
  5. Michael Win User
    I'm hoping to get to Pointer Options, but neither command has any effect.

Thanks for your help!

Michael, Dec 23, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested on my laptop that also has 3rd party Synaptics touchpad drivers installed, and I get the same thing.

No matter which Mouse Properties command I use, it will always open to the 3rd party tab. I don't remember it doing this in Windows 7/8.

I haven't found a way around it yet either. *Sad

Brink, Dec 23, 2017
  7. Damn Shawn you have been a busy one.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - List Commands Open

2. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  3. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  4. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  5. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  6. Categorized List View for All Control Panel Items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Categorized List View for All Control Panel Items: [ATTACH] Does anyone recognize this feature in Windows 10? It's a categorized list view of all control panel items on a single folder/shortcut. I've managed to find this previously on my old laptop but couldn't replicate/find this feature now. Might be very useful for...
  7. Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel: I just did a reset of Windows because of some PC issues with the "Keep my personal files" option. When I booted my computer back up, I still had steam, origin, uplay, and a couple of other programs. However, I tried opening Origin and got errors about me missing some dll....
  8. Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization: Good evening, I've noticed a difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization between editions of Windows 10. My wife's laptop is running Windows 10 Home, and her personalization screen looks like this: [img] I'm running Windows 10...
  9. Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel List: Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item. Did I not see somewhere a picture showing it in alphabetical order, and if so, how do you do it? 74553
  10. Cannot Open Items In Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open Items In Control Panel: good day i just installed win 10 fall update and have run into one issue which is i cannot open most items in the control panel, rightclick on pc and clicking properties does not open the properties page, had to fix gpedit. i am assuming all of this in interrelated since i'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control /name Microsoft.PowerOptions /page pageGlobalSettings