Windows 10: File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings

Discus and support File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First please see my efforts: UP4rSTo1_IM https://i.gyazo.com/deaaf6526789b292...0e0d29230a.gif Basically when I create a file extension of a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SomeT, Oct 2, 2018.

1. SomeT Win User

File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings

First please see my efforts:

[youtube]UP4rSTo1_IM[/youtube]

https://i.gyazo.com/deaaf6526789b292...0e0d29230a.gif

Basically when I create a file extension of a file the system does not recognise, the above shown in the two videos / gif does not work. It does not store in the system. I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 a fresh with no such luck (using 1803 iso) either.

Is this a bug in Windows 10? Or is there some solution to fixing this, as you can see in the gif file I have done this previously with ease with a .md file.

Here is some more information about my system:

File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings 7d0e1c3558931eef532f8420a8b4a375.png

This image can also be viewed here:

https://i.gyazo.com/7d0e1c3558931eef...20a8b4a375.png

:)

SomeT, Oct 2, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Edwin, Oct 2, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Setting File Associations - Another Step Backwards

This is working for me, but in settings (Insider 17107)

File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings [​IMG]

AndreTen, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. File associations of a file not being assigned to windows 10 settings - Similar Threads - File associations file

2. Windows File Association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Association: I have accidentally associated all .jar file types with an app that I don't want to associate them with. I have gone into the default settings and reset all file associations to default, however, .jar files are still associated with this app. I am unable to associate this...
  3. Windows File Assignment

Windows File Assignment: I cannot understand the logic used for file location assignment used by Windows. There always seems to be 2 or 3 places a given file might land when saved. Is there a tutorial or document or something one can use to learn how to understand and manage this?...
  4. File Association Settings in Windows 10

File Association Settings in Windows 10: I have recent installed Lotus SmartSuite to my Windows 10 64 bit PC, as I have large numbers of old delivery dockets, created using Lotus WordPro years ago, that I need to access occasionally, when dealing with warranty claims & service matters. WordPro works perfectly....
  5. How to assign a file association

How to assign a file association: I cannot send pictures from my PC through email. I get a message to file association. Go to control panel and make a file association. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-a-file-association/29138adb-8c51-4f41-9b0e-685440bc6d0f"
  6. Windows 10 File Associations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Associations: Hi, We are struggling to apply file associations effectively via our SCCM task sequence on build by applying a customisation XML we created. The only change the in the XML is for Adobe Reader for PDF to be used instead of Edge naively. The XML seems to apply...
  7. File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings: I would like to associate the php file format with a text editor utility such as Sublime Text. When I attempt to "always open file type with Sublime Text" via the context menu in Windows Explorer, it does not work. When I open Settings > Default Apps > Choose Default Apps by...
  8. Can't set file association for php files

Can't set file association for php files: Using Windows 10, I want to set a file association for php files to a particular application, but when I do it is not stored. Example 1: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Open with". I select the application I want to use and make sure that the "Always...
  9. Set file association for .NEF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set file association for .NEF files: I have Photoshop CS4 along with Camera Raw installed as well as Adobe Acrobat 9.5. Everytime I try to open a .NEF file Windows tries to open it in Acrobat 9.5. Naturally it cannot. When I go to the file associations Photoshop CS4 is not an option. Can anyone help me associate...
  10. Set File Association with .reg File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...