Windows 10: file explorer displaying things incorrectly

Discus and support file explorer displaying things incorrectly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to delete big files, my storage shown in file explorer shows that I am losing space rather than gaining space. Not sure why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Epied, May 21, 2020.

1. Epied Win User

file explorer displaying things incorrectly

Whenever I try to delete big files, my storage shown in file explorer shows that I am losing space rather than gaining space. Not sure why.

:)

Epied, May 21, 2020

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 21, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

@Alfred001, if you hover your mouse to the far right of any name in the 'Recent' list you can pin it to the list of pinned items. This works for the File Explorer icon on Start and on the taskbar (if you have File Explorer pinned to the taskbar).

Jump Lists - Pin or Unpin Items in Windows 10

file explorer displaying things incorrectly [​IMG]

4. Alfred001 Win User

Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

Ah, thank you!

I noticed that but thought it was for unpinning.

Alfred001, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. file explorer displaying things incorrectly - Similar Threads - file explorer displaying

2. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  3. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  4. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  6. explorer file properties incorrect

explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  7. File Explorer incorrect size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer incorrect size.: [ATTACH]I recently got a new laptop and when i started it the search bar in file explorer/control panel was the wrong size does anyone know where this setting is? a screenshot is linked bellow....
  8. File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]

File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]: Compare dates in QA and Explorer for file "CRE v2.1.xlsm" , below. In this case, QA appears to display maybe the first time I opened & saved the file yesterday, not the time of my edit at the end of the day. (this file happens not be to kept in a OneDrive sync folder...)....
  9. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....
  10. Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB: New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning. This morning, they all are KB. It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size. Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB. I know they are large so...