Windows 10: File Explorer / Photos

Discus and support File Explorer / Photos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by terezK, Jan 14, 2019.

1. terezK Win User

File Explorer / Photos

Hello,

Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in different order. I've tried every single button grouping by Name, Time and even None anyhow all the photos aren't in the same order as they were before. I mean photos including Videos, ScreenShots or Snapchatvideos. My question is how can I go back how can I undo the pressing one button. Unfortunatelly don't have a backup file as it was before I checked wnen I was trying use Recovery PC.

Thank you

:)

terezK, Jan 14, 2019

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! File Explorer / Photos :)

justinmreina, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

File Explorer / Photos [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

File Explorer / Photos

photo files

Hi Don,

We would like to ask some questions to better assist you with this issue.

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Did you receive any error messages/codes when you tried accessing your photo files?
    • Are you trying to access your photos through File Explorer or Photo app?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Also, we suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted files. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You may visit this
    article for the steps.

We'll wait for your reply.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer / Photos

1. File Explorer / Photos - Similar Threads - File Explorer Photos

2. photo orientation in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo orientation in file explorer: My photo files are stored on an external hard drive attached to my W10 PC. Using the Details view in File Explorer, and selecting the Orientation column, most of the photos indicate "Normal" under Orientation. A few indicate "Rotate 270 Degrees". What does this mean, and how...
  3. photo orientation in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    photo orientation in file explorer: My photo files are stored on an external hard drive attached to my W10 PC. Using the Details view in File Explorer, and selecting the Orientation column, most of the photos indicate "Normal" under Orientation. A few indicate "Rotate 270 Degrees". What does this mean, and how...
  4. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  5. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  6. file explorer and photo issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer and photo issues: why do photos opened from file explorer not let you use full screen? it used to work but now does not. when you try to use full screen the task bar and menu bar disappear but the image size does not change...
  7. File Explorer and photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and photos: I'm usually good with this sorta stuff but I cant figure this out: How do I make my pictures from file explorer open in Photos? I've tried pressing the open in thing but photos is not showing, I also tried looking in settings on the photos app....
  8. Photos app, and or file explorer

Photos app, and or file explorer: This drive me crazy and I have always been pretty good with the computer. This one has me beat though. If I take a photo at 7:59 pm and another one at 8:01pm they will go to different folders on my PC. The one from 7:59 will go to a folder created with that days date. For...
  9. Photos on File Explorer

Photos on File Explorer: I have been able to show all my photos for years in alpha/numeric sequence in file explorer slide show; but now the show them in a random sequence, including all my old files which previously showed them as alpha/numeric. Please could you tell me how I can disable random play...
  10. Apparent File Corruption (?) of Photos in File Explorer and Photos

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Apparent File Corruption (?) of Photos in File Explorer and Photos: I'm not sure if it's a graphics card issue, but I just noticed this. Only had this computer just over a week now. Something appeared to corrupt the files in photos when viewing them in Explorer and Photos. I copied/saved an example to illustrate what I mean but the odd...