Windows 10: File Explorer same view for all files

Discus and support File Explorer same view for all files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want File Explore to show all files in list view. 64653 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by silverfur, Sep 22, 2016.

1. silverfur Win User

File Explorer same view for all files

I want File Explore to show all files in list view.

:)

silverfur, Sep 22, 2016
  2. RichHanna Win User

Win 10 file explorer

windows 7 had a view feature in file explorer, where if a folder was sorted by file type all similar file types would be grouped into icons giving a very clean view. is there a way to get that same view in windows 10?

RichHanna, Sep 22, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 22, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

In the Control Panel go to File Explorer Options select View tab.

SonicBlue, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer same view for all files - Similar Threads - File Explorer same

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  4. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  5. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  6. How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?: I would like to make Windows File Explorer open every folder, regardless of contents, in Details view with these columns in this order: Size Date Modified Name Type If I add a column later or rearrange them, I want to be able to propagate that layout all folders. Is...
  7. File explorer and view

File explorer and view: I have created a map and set the view as Small icons. When I try to follow instructions and define a view for this map it will beset for all other views. I do not like to see other maps as View > Properties not as small icons. It is very annoying. How to manage view...
  8. File Explorer Displaying Different View Mode for the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Different View Mode for the Same Folder: Hi I have been moving the Users directory from the C drive (SystemDrive) to another drive for several years now ever since Windows 7. I initially discovered a Windows 7 tutorial that involved changing a Registry entry to move the `ProfilesDirectory` on an existing Windows...
  9. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...
  10. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...