Windows 10: File Explorer Save As dialog changed?

Discus and support File Explorer Save As dialog changed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Following the latest Win 10 update, has something changed in File Explorer? In the Save As dialog shown in my screenshots I expect a simple alphabetic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Terrypin Win User

File Explorer Save As dialog changed?

Following the latest Win 10 update, has something changed in File Explorer? In the Save As dialog shown in my screenshots I expect a simple alphabetic order, with folders first then files.

It gets even more confusing if I show all files, by entering '*.*' into the File name box.

File Explorer Save As dialog changed? [​IMG]

Is there some setting I can use to restore the familiar, consistent display please, as many of my (Macro Express Pro) scripts rely on it.

Note: if it's relevant, I use the Classic Shell file explorer.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Sep 19, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Saving .jpg files other than with Windows Media Player

My operating system is Windows 10 and I am trying to save the file into a folder using File Explorer. When I click on the link to the file, the 'what do you want to do with (name of file)?' dialog box appears and I choose 'save as'. The file explorer dialog
    box then appears but the only option I am given in the 'save as type:' drop down menu is Windows Media Player. Once I have saved the file, I then can 'open with' another application, such as Photos, but it's annoying that I can only save the file with Windows
    Media Player in the first place.

WillAllanXK, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Mystere, Sep 19, 2016
  5. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks Mystere, appreciate the fast solution.

Terrypin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Save As dialog changed? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Save

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change Save-As dialog box default settings

Change Save-As dialog box default settings: I am frequently building PDFs from excel files as a compliance practice for invoice backups. When doing so, after changing my file type to .pdf, I always have to manually select "Minimum Size" and "Options - Publish What - Selection". Is there any way to set these two items...
  6. File Explorer Network Error dialog

File Explorer Network Error dialog: directories names containing ampersands are displayed incorrectly, i.e. : Network Error Windows cannot access \\server-name\R&T You do not have permission to access \\server-name\RT. Contact your network administrator to request access....
  7. Save the settings in File Explorer's Folder Options dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Save the settings in File Explorer's Folder Options dialog: I couldn't get anything like the above proposed solution to work for the settings in File Explorer's "Folder Options" dialog. But this works: NOTE: As always, when messing with the registry, it is wise to back up (export) any keys that you will be changing prior to doing so!...
  8. Windows File Save / Save As Dialog Not Showing Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Save / Save As Dialog Not Showing Drives: I've been noticing an issue in my Windows 10 PC. Currently on our enterprise Windows 10 version 1803 (build 17134.1006). I have Outlook on Office 365 version 1808 (build 10730.20344 click-to-run) When I go to save files from an email, I get a file save dialog box that...
  9. changing where programs get saved on file explorer.

changing where programs get saved on file explorer.: as it stand by default 'Program Files along with 'Program Files(x86) get saved under the 'windows (c:)' drive, how is it/ or is it possible to change there locations to something like say a 'external hard drive (D:) [ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot rename folders in explorer, but, can at a save as dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot rename folders in explorer, but, can at a save as dialog: Hello, I have a similar issue like the link at the bottom of this post. When in Windows Explorer, on both the network or local drive, I can add folders, I can delete folders, but I cannot rename them. I also cannot move folders. !BUT! when in a program, and at a save or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file save as dialog history windows file explorer