Windows 10: File Explorer Search: Results not opening

Discus and support File Explorer Search: Results not opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nigelmercier, Mar 25, 2016.

1. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them.

Before search:

File Explorer Search: Results not opening [​IMG]

After search for "Get"

File Explorer Search: Results not opening [​IMG]

Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does zilch.

:)

nigelmercier, Mar 25, 2016

2. Save cortana search results

In my searches there is no File Explorer option to open the search result.

AdrianVogler, Mar 25, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 25, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

File Explorer Search: Results not opening

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Search: Results not opening

1. File Explorer Search: Results not opening - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  3. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  4. Windows Explorer "Open file location" opens Search Results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer "Open file location" opens Search Results: Try this: Open Windows Explorer Go to Quick access -> Desktop Right-click on empty area -> New -> Text Document Search "New Text Document" without quotes In the search results, right-click "New Text Document.txt" -> Send to -> Desktop create shortcut Go back to Quick access...
  5. W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results"

W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results": Many times the Win10 File Explorer works fine, but some times it returns "No results" even if there are obvious matches in the list. Repeating the search does not help. Changing to other directories and doing different searches sometimes works, and sometimes returning to...
  6. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  7. File explorer sort search results by relevance

File explorer sort search results by relevance: How could I sort the search results in file explorer by relevance to the syntax phrase that I wrote in the search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-sort-search-results-by-relevance/f70d3cbe-21b8-47fe-97d7-05071ad222ae
  8. Recent files open by an App in search result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files open by an App in search result: How do i clear recent files open by an App in search result? I've try to clear all history from Explorer's Option I've try to Disable "Show recently opened item in jump list...." at start setting. please help Here is the recent that i mean, tat colored by yellow in...
  9. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  10. Documents in Taskbar Search results open in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents in Taskbar Search results open in Explorer: Hello again I'm having a weird problem. Suddenly, whenever I search for a document of any kind (xls, docx, pdf, doesn't matter), using the Taskbar Search, the document will open in File Explorer when i click it, rather than the program that's supposed to open it. For...