Windows 10: File explorer view file/folder properties

Discus and support File explorer view file/folder properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by the jimmy, Oct 28, 2017.

1. the jimmy Win User

File explorer view file/folder properties

So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer)

I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such
    >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders

File explorer view file/folder properties [​IMG]

Folders and files display correctly except when I go into any of my Libraries, then they display as details

:)

the jimmy, Oct 28, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons

Your Picture folders within Library view are a reflection of the same folders viewed using File Explorer.

You can not Customise folder Properties in Library view but you can right click the Library Folder then Open Folder Location where it can be Customised!

Hope this helps! ;-)

MarrachMicrosoft, Oct 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jimmy, *Smile

"Apply to Folders" will only apply the folder view to all folders optimized with the same folder template.

If you like, you can use the method in the tutorial below to apply the folder view to all folders instead.

*Arrow Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

This still will not affect Libraries though, but it's not too much trouble to manually set the view you want per library.

Brink, Oct 28, 2017
  5. the jimmy Win User
    Thanks Shawn, it's funny, when I view a folder (that's in a library) by going directly to it (not thru the library) it will display as "large icons"

Thanks for your reply

the jimmy, Oct 28, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Yeah, it's only when you access it via the library it doesn't use the same folder view. Libraries have independent views than their included folders.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer view file/folder properties - Similar Threads - File explorer view

2. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  3. Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?: Is there a utility that can remember your customized views of various folders and keep them persistent across time? For example, I dislike being given the "Type" field in the detailed view of File Explorer, since I have Explorer set to show filename extensions, and I usually...
  4. Word and File Explorer default folder view

Word and File Explorer default folder view: I want to change the folder view in Word and File Explorer to show only the columns I want, and in the order I want. For example, I want the order to read: Name, Date Modified, Size, Type. Now, Type always precedes Size, no matter how many times I change it. [Moved by...
  5. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  6. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  7. Folders and Files view in Windows 10 Explorer

Folders and Files view in Windows 10 Explorer: Hi, I want to tidy up my file/folder structure. I am thinking that if I could see all my existing information in a tree-like view this would help enormously. But maybe there is a better way. Thanks....
  8. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  9. Viewing file explorer

Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...