Windows 10: File History - reconnect your drive?

Discus and support File History - reconnect your drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] 82331 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mobile1, Apr 18, 2017.

1. mobile1 Win User

File History - reconnect your drive?

File History - reconnect your drive? [​IMG]

:)

mobile1, Apr 18, 2017

2. Reconnect your drive. Your file history drive was disconnected

This has just started happening on my laptop in Windows 10. I'm not sure how to fix this as I don't want my hard drive to get messed up . This has just started happening this past week. Whenever I log into Windows 10 I keep getting this notification that
    says Reconnect your drive, your file history drive was disconnected. I do have a external 1TB western digital external hard dive. How do I go about fixing this error message. Thanks?

Shawn Robert Robinson, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Reconnect your drive. Your file history drive was disconnected

Hi Shawn,

To assist you with your concern, click on this
    link
    on how to reconnect your file history drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Gerald Vit, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It means you have File History turned on and it cannot find the drive you have set it up to use as a place to back up your history to. If this was a USB drive, it may have been removed. If it was a network drive, it may have been disconnected. Or maybe the drive letters have been changed.

6. mobile1 Win User
    Where is this screen?

mobile1, Apr 18, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 18, 2017
  8. mobile1 Win User

Select "Hardware and Sound"?

mobile1, Apr 18, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you click on the tutorial link I posted above for step by step details to help out?

It sounds like you need to change the Control Panel to "icons view" instead of "category view".

Brink, Apr 18, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    You see that screen if File History hasn't been turned on. Yours is, so you should see this screen instead. Click on 'More options' to see which drive you are using. It's in Settings > Update & security > Backup.

11. mobile1 Win User
    This is what I see when I click "More Options."

mobile1, Apr 18, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    It's not showing a drive because it is disconnected. Use the Control Panel to find out what the drive should be. It will be shown in....
    Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > File History
    ...and marked as Disconnected

This is describe in Option Three of Brink's tutorial
    Select Drive for File History in Windows 10

Thema:

1. File History - reconnect your drive? - Similar Threads - File History reconnect

2. Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disconnect and reconnect File History drive: I have been trying to find the way to disconnect my drive after a backup has run. I do not want the drive to be connected all the time but just connect it a few times a day or when anything major changes. I have noticed that the external drive runs even when there is no...
  3. reconnect your drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reconnect your drive: I received a notice to "reconnect your drive. Your file drive was disconnected for too long" How to solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnect-your-drive/5b274d27-d5b9-49c3-9ef0-7c33c6e8fe03"
  4. How to reconnect my file history drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reconnect my file history drive?: I need help to reconnect my file history drive, there is nothing wrong with the drive, it has lots of memory available. The problem with the drive is that the owner is not so smart sometimes and actually click the disconnect button in file history just to see what it did, yes...
  5. Reconnect your drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reconnect your drive?: I keep getting Reconnect your drive. And it says Your files drive will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a back-up. And no drive hase been connected or disconnected. This has only been happening since I did a Fresh...
  6. i can't reconnect my file history drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can't reconnect my file history drive: i have an HP stream and since i got it and installed windows 10 it kept saying it was low on storage, when i tried to go through storage space and disk management to clean the space it could not clean out anything because everything was needed for the system to work...
  7. Reconnect your drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reconnect your drive: Once again I haveno idea what this means. I ah this problem which I forgot about, just came back now. Please help. Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/reconnect-your-drive/63cbc7dd-290b-4a6d-94da-d61423ef4dbe"
  8. "Reconnect your Drive" message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Reconnect your Drive" message: [img] Every couple of days I get the above pop-up message on my acreen. I have been ignoring it but I would like to know what causes it and how I can stop it happening. Please help me fix this permanently ..*Redface 62385
  9. Reconnect your drive notification.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reconnect your drive notification.: What exactly does this mean and which files are being saved/copied. Can they be deleted if they are copies, and where are they stored. This may seem a dumb question, but I would not ask if I could find the solution myself. [img] 46326
  10. Notification: Reconnect your drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notification: Reconnect your drive: I got this message when I turned on my computer a few minutes ago: "Reconnect your drive. Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your file history and run a backup...also another message that says Windows Defender needs to scan your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconnect file history drive windows 10