Windows 10: File History Setting Included Files and Folders

Discus and support File History Setting Included Files and Folders in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It is fairly obvious how one can EXCLUDE Folders and Files from drive C: but: How can I set File History to INCLUDE Folders and Files from another... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeoffBrannan, May 8, 2019.

1. File History Setting Included Files and Folders

It is fairly obvious how one can EXCLUDE Folders and Files from drive C: but:

How can I set File History to INCLUDE Folders and Files from another drive built in to my PC e.g. Data (DFile History Setting Included Files and Folders :)?

:)

GeoffBrannan, May 8, 2019

2. How to remove folders from File History

• I had the same problem, and I solved in this way:
      Control Panel -> System and Security-> File History -> Turn off
      Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> More options -> Stop using this drive
      Delete the File History folder in your external drive.
      Start using File History again.
      After performing these steps, I can easily add folders to "Excluded Folders" and they remain excluded. I checked in the actual files and folders saved on the external disk, and it works.
      I did not modify the default settings about how often and how long backup is saved, File History is working ok now. So I guess it is important to click "Stop using this drive" in order to reset File History.
      Hope this will be helpful

mila parker, May 8, 2019
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How to remove folders from File History

That does not work. Even though I do the delete from the "Back up these folders" from the list, it still backs it up - and when I close out of Settings and then go back in, the folder re-appears in the list.

However, Mila's suggestion worked. Is it possible that folders in my Library cannot be removed from the "Back up these folders" list?

4. ALN
    ALN Win User

File History Setting Included Files and Folders

How to remove folders from File History

That did it - Thank you Mila!

Thema:

File History Setting Included Files and Folders

1. File History Setting Included Files and Folders - Similar Threads - File History Setting

2. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History files/folders invisible: I had trouble getting File History turned on for an external hard drive. Finally it's working. However, I cannot see folders and files on the drive, even though I can go to properties and see that the drive is full. Is there a way to see, and perhaps access, the folders and...
  3. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History files/folders invisible: I had trouble getting File History turned on for an external hard drive. Finally it's working. However, I cannot see folders and files on the drive, even though I can go to properties and see that the drive is full. Is there a way to see, and perhaps access, the folders and...
  4. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File history folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  6. File history folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  7. Backup - File History won't include the most recently updated files of a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup - File History won't include the most recently updated files of a folder: Hello Microsoft Community, I experiencing a problem with the Backup option. File History won't backup all files of a designated folder. As you can see, it should back up the entire "Documents" with all its subfolders. [ATTACH] But it only backs up about 95 % of the...
  8. File History. What are the defaults included in a backup?

File History. What are the defaults included in a backup?: Hi I’ve been trying Win 10 File History and am most confused. First I did a Test run and selected just one folder (Test Folder) to be backed up to an external drive. After the backup had been running for about 5 minutes & my Test Folder was only about 2Mbs in size I looked...
  9. Win10 "File History" - include with Carbonite backup or not?

Win10 "File History" - include with Carbonite backup or not?: Hi, all: In addition to local, offline backups/images to USB EHDs, I also use Carbonite, with unlimited storage capacity. And, since I have a 2 TB HDD data drive, I have Win10 File History enabled (a feature new to me in Win10). Carbonite is set to back up all the...
  10. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...