Windows 10: Files on Demand Error After Update

Discus and support Files on Demand Error After Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently update my Dell Inspiron laptop to build 2004. I am now getting the following error from One Drive: One Drive Cannot Connect to Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aanalore, May 14, 2020.

1. aanalore Win User

Files on Demand Error After Update

I recently update my Dell Inspiron laptop to build 2004. I am now getting the following error from One Drive:

One Drive Cannot Connect to Windows. Files on Demand requires a connection to Windows...

I have tried the fixes suggested in a previous post on this issue. None of them have worked. I have also uninstalled and re-installed One Drive three times. That hasn't worked either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

aanalore, May 14, 2020
  2. S.D.K Win User

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, May 14, 2020
  3. 5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, May 14, 2020
  4. Files on Demand Error After Update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Files on Demand Error After Update

1. Files on Demand Error After Update - Similar Threads - Files Demand Error

2. Bluescreen after demanding games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after demanding games: My computer crashes seemingly randomly when playing demanding games, 1 time in Ready or Not2 times in Counter-Strike 2and 1 time in Fortnite, which I have the dump forI scanned memory using the windows memory diagnostic, and it didn't find anythingI also did /SFC scannow, but...
  3. Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update: I updated my 15" laptop this morning and it will not allow me sign in unless I create a PIN. I have a password but there is no option to use it. I have circumvented the PIN to access the settings but the is NO option to sign in with a password. If I reboot I have to go...
  4. Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update: I updated my 15" laptop this morning and it will not allow me sign in unless I create a PIN. I have a password but there is no option to use it. I have circumvented the PIN to access the settings but the is NO option to sign in with a password. If I reboot I have to go...
  5. Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working: I use OneDrive on several devices, all of which work as intended, apart from one, my Surface Go 2 with W10. Files-On-Demand is checked in settings, but it constantly attempts to download everything until the disk is full. Free up space briefly works, but then the removed...
  7. OneDrive Error "Couldn't start Files on Demand"

OneDrive Error "Couldn't start Files on Demand": Hi,I'm getting this error here really frequently at least every few days and can't sync any files from this point until I reboot. This is happening way too often and, frankly, "Restart your computer" is not a sustainable solution. I almost never want to do this, I frequently...
  8. Files on Demand

Files on Demand: trying to uncheck this option as I want to keep everything live on this specific PC. When I try to do so get a dialogue 'all ondrive files/folders will download to this pc' which is what I want to happen. click OK and the option rechecks and files don't download????...
  9. Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive

Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive: Hi I've just read a useful article on the "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive: https://www.brucebnews.com/2017/11/the-confusing-story-of-onedrive-files-on-demand-2/ It instructs me to "Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar and click on Settings" to get the...
  10. OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?: Hello, So I just clean installed the Fall Creators Update without any problems. I wanted to try out the OneDrive's File On-Demand feature. I noticed that I had to update OneDrive manually for that feature option to appear in OneDrive's Settings so I got the update from...