Windows 10: Find exact raw size of hard drive?

Discus and support Find exact raw size of hard drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to see the exact unformatted number of bytes that a hard drive has from Windows 10? It's pretty easy to do this from Linux but in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HarryMuscle, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Find exact raw size of hard drive?

Is it possible to see the exact unformatted number of bytes that a hard drive has from Windows 10? It's pretty easy to do this from Linux but in Windows it usually only displays the formatted size not the raw size of the hard drive.

submitted by /u/HarryMuscle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HarryMuscle, Jan 7, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Jan 7, 2020
  3. jumanji Win User
    Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk

Hi hamidi44,

You have been given many suggestions - "Raw means its lost the parition you need to download specific parition recovery software" "You can use the free TestDisk Program. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. " " live Linux Mint flash drive" and no doubt you will be confused which route you should take. Find exact raw size of hard drive? :)

OK, let us go step by step and decide which way to go.

In all these cases you must always give full details of the HDD like whether it is an internal drive or external drive, manufacturer, model No, capacity, how old is your drive , when was the last time you were able to successfully access the drive and also any event after which it became RAW and inaccessible - like you pulled it out without using safe removal or there was a sudden power outage/surge when it was being used.

1. Please post a screenshot of Windows Disk Management showing your drive RAW.

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

2. You said Minitool. What MiniTool? Power Data Recovery?? Partition Wizard??? Never mind. Do this as specified. Uninstall any MiniTool you had installed. Download , install and run MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 9.1 - yes only version 9.1. In later versions Partition Recovery is really not free *Biggrin -
    http://www.filehorse.com/download-pa.../old-versions/

Post a screenshot of how your drive appears in it - the very first screen that appears when you launch it.

I always believe seeing is believing Find exact raw size of hard drive? :).

jumanji, Jan 7, 2020
  4. tf2029 Win User

Find exact raw size of hard drive?

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Find exact raw size of hard drive?

1. Find exact raw size of hard drive? - Similar Threads - Find exact raw

2. The hard drive that windows is installed on became RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The hard drive that windows is installed on became RAW: I was playing games until the laptop suddenly crashed. I tried to restart it but it just booted into recovery mode and it couldn't start. I checked and it said the hardrive is RAW. I am also unable to format the drive using the clean command in diskpart. Everytime i tried to...
  3. The hard drive that windows is installed on became RAW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The hard drive that windows is installed on became RAW: I was playing games until the laptop suddenly crashed. I tried to restart it but it just booted into recovery mode and it couldn't start. I checked and it said the hardrive is RAW. I am also unable to format the drive using the clean command in diskpart. Everytime i tried to...
  4. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  5. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  6. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  7. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  8. raw hard drive

raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  9. raw hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  10. Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk

Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk: my hard drive changed to raw, and now do not look in windows! In the data manager, I can see that it exists. unknown disk no initiated! I can not format it and can not change partition or do anything else? I have tried many programs, mini tools two but it's coming nowhere! is...