Windows 10: Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

Discus and support Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; sorry do you have fast start enabled? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials Were you asking me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkmiss, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

pushculture, Sep 2, 2015
  2. bebbu Win User

ok for my desktop with nvidia gtx 760 no change.....black screen for 30 second after windows logo *Sad

bebbu, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Hmm...you might also try loading the family of drivers related to the one I mentioned earlier, from the Intel site. The link is here (or if you don't trust my link, search for "management engine driver" on the intel site):
    Intel Download Center

Use the setup.exe in the \installers\ME_SW\MSI folder.

pushculture, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

Win10warrior, Sep 3, 2015
  5. I just had this happen I tried all the fixes and no luck.
    This started whn I installed a new nVidia driver for my 780Ti Win10 failed part way through and restarted.
    Iwas then getting C++ runtime errors.
    I went to device manager and had win 10 install its own driver and that failed too so now i basically just get the blackscreen and mouse pointer.
    I have no password so it should just login. No installation media so looks like i will be reinstalling win 7 this weekend.
    What a mess.

Scalextrix, Sep 3, 2015
  6. C'mon guys! If you'll do what I mentioned, it would fix it *Smile

ukcatsfan83, Sep 3, 2015
  7. Hi guys,
    I have the same problem. Yesterday I upgraded my pc window 8 to window 10, all process were done successfully it started also and there were appear setting preference.., after some seconds appears black screen with white cursor no desktop icon, I tried all that are post in Google and forum, but not get success. It is very painful..., what to do...?

rajkgupta2003, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

I tried this option but not succeed, (my laptop is dell i5 ), pls share.., it is very panic situation to me.., oh god..!

rajkgupta2003, Sep 4, 2015
  9. maximo70 Win User
    Hi,

I have HP Pavillion DV6 6010el with AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1GB, processor is INTEL i5-2410M 2.3Ghz, RAm 8GB.
    My problem is the black screen for about 1 minute, then Win10 is working normally.

I solved the problem installing Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL (if you disabled the automatic creation of restore point in W10, you must unchek the creation of a restore point in installation options to deploy the drivers)

You can find here:
    Downloads - leshcatlabs.net

Now is working normally: startup in 15 seconds!

maximo70, Sep 5, 2015
  10. Thanks, that worked on my HP Pavilion

Bellsprings007, Sep 16, 2015
  11. This was the download of the upgrade. It shutdown and rebooted. Any suggestions for black screen when no cursor ever appears. Have no idea what to do when there is nothing on my screen to use. How long could I expect to wait for cursor to appear?

colman242003, Sep 20, 2015
  12. Ok so happen to have extra monitor for my laptop. Plugged in and voila screen shows on my monitor. Will try suggestions to get video card in sync

colman242003, Sep 20, 2015
  13. mikeflash Win User

Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my laptop (DELL Inspiron 15R) The installation went fine. The first problem I had was when Windows 10 asked for my password. I entered my password, the same I had since I got my laptop (2012). Windows refused it. I entered my password again. It worked. I saw a pretty nice picture of a place somewhere on the planet (it was something like a beach seen through a hole in a rock) then the screen went black with a white cursor. I waited, turned off my laptop then turned it on. Every time I do this, I see the Dell logo (setup/boot options) then a blue window in the middle of my screen and finally a black screen with the white cursor (the touchpad works). I have seen many different solutions on this post (update Dell Bios, extra monitor, upgrade graphics card [AMD Radeon HD 7730M], create a new user with administrator, etc.) but I wonder which one is right for me.

mikeflash, Sep 20, 2015
  14. mikeflash Win User
    Hi, did you fix your problem?

mikeflash, Sep 20, 2015
  15. mikeflash Win User
    mikeflash, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

1. Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen - Similar Threads - Fix booting black

2. Trying to fix windows 10 (boots to a black screen, no login)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to fix windows 10 (boots to a black screen, no login): A friends wants me to fix their laptop, it boots to a black screen, and a moveable mouse cursor with a "loading" circle next to it, (login screen never loads) if I boot in safe mode I get a "the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" and also doesn't load the...
  3. Windows 10 Boots to Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boots to Black Screen: Hello, I installed my nvidia graphics for the nvidia nvs 3100M in my laptop, and ever since then, the computer would often boot up to the Windows logo, and show the loading circle, then it would dim and the screen would shut off. Yes, I downloaded the drivers from Nvidia's...
  4. Black screen on boot Windows 10

Black screen on boot Windows 10: Hi, I have been using a relatively old Samsung laptop as a PBX server with windows 10 without any problems for a few months now. Recently I found the machine stuck on a black screen, not responding to any inputs. I forced shutdown using the power button and tried to restart...
  5. Windows 10 black screen boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen boot.: Hello all, I've been having some trouble with my Windows 10 desktop. It's upgraded from Windows 7 if this helps, though sadly due to my issue as described I can't get any information on the installation for you. How it works is as follows. 1.) I hold the power button. 2.)The...
  6. Windows 10 Boots to a black screen

Windows 10 Boots to a black screen: My current PC has given me tons of problems lately, all thanks to an update I plan to undo. Now it seems whenever I boot up my PC it's just a plain black screen. I can't log in, I can't do ctrl+alt+delete, I can't do anything besides stare at the black screen. I need some...
  7. Windows 10 black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black screen on boot: Keeping things short, my pc froze hard and required a hard shutdown. It will not boot to the login screen and when booting from windows usb i have the screen simply fades to black and stays as such i have tried multiple hard resets to no avail and launching in safe mode has...
  8. Windows 10 boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boots to black screen: Hi, I recently applied updates to my Windows 10 environment. The next time I booted, it would briefly show the Windows logo and then go to black screen. I could still login to safe mode no problems. After a week of trying different things and online advice, I stripped all...
  9. Booting to black screen - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting to black screen - Windows 10: Restarted to finish installing Windows 10 updates, booted into a black screen. Boots into a black screen now every time I try to boot into normal mode. Ran Windows 10 fine since it was released. Never had this problem before in five years of using this laptop. It boots into...
  10. Windows 10 boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to black screen: Every time I power on my computer I get a black screen with a cursor. - I tried logging in blind, thinking the computer thought there was a second display, but it didn't work - I booted into a Windows 10 installation USB drive and selected "Repair Your Computer" I tried...