Windows 10: Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10

Discus and support Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10 How to Create a System Repair Disc in Windows 10 [img] Information A system repair disc can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Clint, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Clint Win User

Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10

How to: Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10

How to Create a System Repair Disc in Windows 10

Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A system repair disc can be used to boot your computer. It also contains Windows system recovery tools that can help you recover Windows from a serious error or restore your computer from a system image or restore point.

A system repair disc is the CD/DVD version of a USB recovery drive.

This tutorial will show you how to create a bootable system repair disc that only boots to advanced startup options used to help troubleshoot and recover your Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to create a system repair disc.

Note A created 32-bit system repair disc can only be created in a 32-bit Windows 10 and used to repair a 32-bit Windows 10.

A created 64-bit system repair disc can only be created in a 64-bit Windows 10 and used to repair a 64-bit Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Booting from System Repair Disc to Advanced Startup

Here's How:

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) icon.

Tip If you like, you could also press the Win+R keys to open Run, type recdisc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open the Create a system repair disc wizard.

2. Click/tap on the Create a system repair disc link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Insert a blank (unformatted) disc into your CD/DVD drive.

4. Select the CD/DVD drive, and click/tap on Create disc. (see screenshot below)

5. The system repair disc will now start to be created. (see screenshot below)

6. When finished, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Clint, Jan 2, 2016
  2. MarkPM Win User

Windows 10 unable to create recovery disc

HI

I am trying to create a recovery disc (dvd or USB) of my newly updated windows 10.

I have also tried to create a system repair disc of the same windows 10 machine.

Both attempts do not work.

I upgraded from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro.

If I choose to create a recovery disc by going:L

Search > recovery > system settings > Recovery

there are only two options

Reset PC and Advanced start up

there is no option to create a recovery disc or partition.

If i choose to create a system repair disc (windows bootable DVD):

Use search > control panel > file history > system image backup > create a system repair disc

the error i receive is:

" The files needed to create a system repair disc were not found on this computer.

You can still create a system repair disc if you have a Windows installation disc."

Please advise on how I can create a recovery disc as well as a system repair disc.

Thank you

MarkPM, Jan 2, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jan 2, 2016
  4. sandra Win User

Note: blank as in really blank. Cannot use a formatted disk Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10 :)

sandra, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Clint Win User
    Does one Repair Disk work in both Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Home, or do you have to make separate disk?

Clint, Jan 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Clint, *Smile

Yes, it'll work in both. The only requirement is that the system repair disc must be the same 32-bit or 64-bit as the installed OS.

Brink, Jan 27, 2016
  7. Clint Win User
    Thanks Brink.

Clint, Jan 27, 2016
  8. equoox Win User

Just stumbled upon this tutorial. Very interesting!

Does this mean that, together with System Image Backup there is no need now for third party disk imaging software like Acronis True Image? - which I used with Windows 7 but found very complicated. Also use Carbonite to backup my personal files.

equoox, Mar 19, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello equoox, *Smile

Yes, you could use this and a system image to no longer need 3rd party software.

However, it's always best to keep multiple images as a backup. Acronis is a good choice if you already have it, and Macrium Reflect is another good option.

Brink, Mar 19, 2016
  10. equoox Win User
    Thanks Brink. That's good news about Windows System Image backup *Smile Have not kept up with Acronis after an update caused me no end of problems with Windows 7. It also left a sceduler active after it was uninstalled which I only discovered just before upgrading to Windows 10

Will take a look at Macrium Reflect and hope it's easier to configure and understand than Acronis was and have a good support Forum which is not too technical.

equoox, Mar 19, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
  12. equoox Win User
    That's very kind of Brink. Will bookmark those in case.

Have successfully created a System Image Backup with Windows 10 and a System Repair Disk. If only these other programs were as straight forward!

Carbonite keeps a running backup of all my files and I also do that manually on removable storage so I think belt and braces duly secured *Smile

You said your don't mind dumb questions, so here goes .... As the option to create a System Repair Disk appeared when I finished the System Image Backup, is it necessary to create a new System Repair Disk after every new Image Backup? *Redface

equoox, Mar 19, 2016
  13. Clint Win User

One more question. I have one PC with UEFI and one with MBR. Will one disk work with both?

Clint, Mar 21, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Clint, *Smile

You could use the UEFI disk on both. You would just select the non-UEFI boot menu item for the USB when booting to MBR.

Brink, Mar 21, 2016
  15. Clint Win User
    Thanks again Brink. I made a DVD instead of a USB.

Clint, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create System Repair

2. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  3. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  4. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Create System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Create System Repair Disc: I formatted a dvd+rw but 'Create a system repair disc' keeps telling me the disc is not blank.Even though Explorer is showing it is blank.I don't get it,James...
  6. Unable to Create System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Create System Repair Disc: I formatted a dvd+rw but 'Create a system repair disc' keeps telling me the disc is not blank.Even though Explorer is showing it is blank.I don't get it,James...
  7. EXCESSIVE TIME TO CREATE A SYSTEM REPAIR DISC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EXCESSIVE TIME TO CREATE A SYSTEM REPAIR DISC: HARDWARE: NEW SURFACE PRO 6. 8 GB RAM 256GB HD. NEW 64 GB SANDISC USB 3 FLASH DRIVE SOFTWARE: WIN 10 AS INSTALLED (UPDATES APPLIED). PROBLEM: The "Create a system repair disc" app has been running for 6 HOURS. (ON SCREEN TEXT : "Creating the recovery drive" "Copying the...
  8. create a system repair disc for windows 10 home?

create a system repair disc for windows 10 home?: how do i make a system repair disc for windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc-for-windows-10-home/29f1ea89-8bba-4746-bfc5-1395dcdf84f7
  9. Creating a system repair disc

Creating a system repair disc: I have deleted all files from a disc and then formatted it. However, when I try to create a system repair idsc, I get an error message that the disc is not blank and I must use a blank disc to create a system repair disc. why doesn't the format create a useable disc?...
  10. Creat A System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creat A System Repair Disc: in Windows 10 Home for Recovery OS I tried Creat A System Repair Disc. I insert a blank DVD 16X speed and creat but it is not supported so which burning speed of DVD can Use....