Windows 10: Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?

Discus and support Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] any idea to fix this ? 82578 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by niczerus, Apr 21, 2017.

1. niczerus Win User

Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?

Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer? [​IMG]

any idea to fix this ?

:)

niczerus, Apr 21, 2017

2. Kernel-EventTracing error

On my side, the error has been fixed uninstalling and then reinstalling the OneDrive App.

In doing so, however, I ended up in having the icon of a standard folder for OneDrive
    in Windows-Explorer, instead of the OneDrive icon with the clouds.

I then took the further step of definitively uninstalling the OneDrive App and also reinstalling OneDrive in Windows 10.

To do so, I made a search of the file OneDriveSetup in Windows-Explorer under C:

Clicking to open the file

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive

this has reinstalled the OneDrive, also resetting in Windows-Explorer the right icon of OneDrive with its clouds!. The cloud icon of OneDrive is also back in the Systray,it had disappeared uninstalling the OneDrive App.

Noting how OneDrive is embedded in Windows 10 and the OneDrive App seems therefore not strictly required, I have not reinstalled the App. So far everything work fine.

Note: I did the same procedure on two PCs which we have at home and for both of them the failure has disappeared and the right icon is restored.

Monferrato, Apr 21, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Apr 21, 2017
  4. niczerus Win User

niczerus, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer? - Similar Threads - Fix OneDrive icon

2. OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer: Hello,I'm having a really hard time trying find the right words to find answers for this situation...I've got OneDrive running, but ever since having it, the labels for the icons in File Explorer have all shifted as a result of some of the folders not being synced to...
  3. OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer: Hello,I'm having a really hard time trying find the right words to find answers for this situation...I've got OneDrive running, but ever since having it, the labels for the icons in File Explorer have all shifted as a result of some of the folders not being synced to...
  4. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  5. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  6. Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer: We are using OneDrive for business in our office. I link OneDrive to my business email address for a long time. Couple of days ago I linked of our colleague account to copy some folders to my desktop. After copying his data I unlinked his account but the OneDrive icon is...
  7. OneDrive in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive in File Explorer: When I look at OneDrive in File Explorer, the only item in the OneDrive folder is my "Personal Vault" which is empty. When I open Excel, for example, I see a list of files I can open, all of which reside on OneDrive. I can open, edit, and save these files with no problem. But...
  8. File Explorer icons fix did not work

File Explorer icons fix did not work: I tried both of these, and I still have generic icons in File Explorer where thumbnails should be. Could someone help me figure out how to get my thumbnails back? Rebuilding Thumbnail Cache: Now press Windows + S key together to open Search. Now type CMD and select...
  9. How to get rid of ONEDRIVE icon in File Explorer

How to get rid of ONEDRIVE icon in File Explorer: -using Windows 10 version 1909 (2) I have removed, as much as I can of OneDrive on my computer When I delete the Onedrive icon in file explorer, it keeps reappearing after a re-boot. A setting in the Registry? 146718
  10. OneDrive and File Explorer

OneDrive and File Explorer: Users with permissions can view folders with OneDrive online. But not on their PC in File Explorer under OneDrive. How do I get them to be able to view that they see online in their File Explorer. I am able to see online and in my File Explorer....