Windows 10: Focus assist alarms only is auto selecting itself

Discus and support Focus assist alarms only is auto selecting itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I see a flickering of the notification thing in the bottom right of my screen and when i right click it and go to settings it goes to the focus assist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Turnoffthefan, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Focus assist alarms only is auto selecting itself

I see a flickering of the notification thing in the bottom right of my screen and when i right click it and go to settings it goes to the focus assist and alarm only is auto selecting itself over and over. This is causing high CPU usage and lagging my entire computer. Ive noticed it since the Big November update. It stops when i reboot but each time ive had the PC on its happened. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

submitted by /u/Turnoffthefan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Turnoffthefan, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Faith Win User

Focus Assistant on 1903

Greetings.

Can anyone help me figure out how the Focus assistant in Windows 10 build 1903 works exactly? Because right now I have it to"off" in the Setting menu, but everytime I do stuff it turns itself "on" by its own and keeps reminding me that "notifications will remain silent in the action center while you're in fullscreen mode". Here's how it behaves to me at the moment:

• Desktop only - Alarm Mode On (sleep symbol)
    • Opening Edge - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Settings - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Mail - Focus Asistant Off

Everytime I close and open edge, system menu, mail, calender etc the notification center pops up this message. The way it worked before (on 1809) was that when I played games in fullscreen mode the sleep symbol on the action center became active, but everywhere else it was turned off. Now it seems to think that my desktop is in fullscreen mode? I don't understand how this works exactly. I can open and minimize Edge constantly and the sleep symbol in the bottom right corner will appear and disappear everytime.

Faith, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Focus assist alarms only is auto selecting itself

Focus Assist

Hello AllieBrewer,

It is, this feature was added in the April 2018 Update. Focus Assist replaces the “Quiet Hours” feature included with previous versions of Windows 10, and is much more powerful and configurable.

“Focus Assist” feature is a “Do Not Disturb” mode that hides notifications

You can manually toggle Focus Assist on and off, if you like. Notifications are hidden while it’s enabled.

To do so, right-click the Notification Center icon at the right side of your taskbar, point to Focus Assist, and select “Priority Only” if you only want to see priority notifications or “Alarms Only” if you only want to get alarms.

You can customize which notifications have priority from the Settings app. Alarms refers to alarms you set in apps like the included Alarms & Clocks app.

Hope it helps, have a good day

ManuelCapiro, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Focus assist alarms only is auto selecting itself

1. Focus assist alarms only is auto selecting itself - Similar Threads - Focus assist alarms

2. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist: Should I have Focus Assist on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/dd06efc4-d2a9-4419-beb1-6dc8add48915
  3. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: Every once in awhile my focus assist stops working. I have checked everything I can, I have shut down and restarted, and still nothing. Is the whole program not working, or is it just for me?Thank you for providing me with any assistance you can give me....
  4. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: My focus assist only works for some notifications. I have checked the settings and every e-mail that I have assigned to be notified about is listed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix it, or if the issue is with Microsoft itself. Thank you, MJ...
  5. focus assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    focus assist: How do I totally disable Focus Assist?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/bbb0578a-592e-4c74-946d-a43086ec78a3
  6. Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off: Hey everyone, I've been using focus assist for quite some time now and I quite like it, but lately it has been showing a weird behavior. When I start playing a game it turns itself on, as it should, but it does not turn itself off once I stop playing games. This did not...
  7. Notifications persist with Focus Assist on Alarms Only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications persist with Focus Assist on Alarms Only: Why when turning Focus Assist to Alarms Only, notifications continue to appear? It does this on my laptop. on my desktop is working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-persist-with-focus-assist-on-alarms/ab054459-1de7-4b91-a782-2c576fb1557a
  8. Focus Assist on Windows 10 Turning on by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist on Windows 10 Turning on by itself: Hi Microsoft Community! I am Hardik. I recently purchased MSI Modern 14 and it is operating on Windows 10 and every time I start my laptop, I see that focus assist is turned on by itself. I have tried restarting it several times but that is not helping me out with the...
  9. Focus assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist: I want focus assist removed from my computer. Period. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/ce21b639-2f25-4bbd-9f07-93deeebd3952
  10. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist: I mostly play PC games on virtual machines and i don't want any notification sounds while i'm using a VM. Can i set up Focus Assist on specific programs or should i need to keep it on at all times? 140978