Windows 10: Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17083, Quiet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by satchmo, Sep 26, 2015.

1. satchmo Win User

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17083, Quiet Hours has been renamed to Focus Assist.

Action Center[/b] for you to review later.

Are there certain times when you dont want to be interrupted or just need to stay focused on what youre doing? Starting with automatic rules.
    • Focus assist will automatically turn on when you are duplicating your display. Never get interrupted during presentations again!
    • Focus assist will turn on automatically when you are playing a full screen exclusive DirectX game.
    • You can set the schedule that works for you so that focus assist is always on when you want them. Go to Settings > System > Focus assist to configure your schedule.
    • Customize your own priority list so that your important people and apps always breakthrough when focus assist is on. People pinned to your task bar with always break through!
    • See a summary of what you missed while you were in focus assist.
    • If you’re using Cortana, you can also have focus assist turned on while you’re at home.
    The priority list allows you to manage which notifications are allowed. The rest will go straight to action center when you have focus assist turned on to Priority only. Alarms will still work though.

Starting with automatic rule is enabled.

This tutorial will show you how to turn switch between Focus Assist modes for when you see notifications for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Switch Between Focus Assist Modes from Action Center Quick Action
    • Option Two: Switch Between Focus Assist Modes from Action Center
    • Option Three: Switch Between Focus Assist Modes from Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] Switch Between Focus Assist Modes from Action Center Quick Action
    1. Open Action Center (Win+A).

2. Click/tap on the Focus assist quick action button to toggle what you want set. (see screenshots below)

*note The Focus assist quick action button in Windows 10 builds earlier than build 17074 will only toggle on or off Focus Assist.

• Off - Get all notifications from your apps and contacts.
    • Priority only - See only notifications from the priority list. The rest will go straight to action center.
    • Alarms only - Hide all notifications, except for alarms.

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Switch Between Focus Assist Modes from Action Center

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17083.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17093, Microsoft updated the Action Center context menu such that the three focus assist states are now collapsed under one expandable entry.
    1. Right click or press and hold on the Action Center button on the taskbar.

2. Click/tap Focus assist, and click/tap on the mode below to you want to use to check it. (see screenshot below)
    • Off - Get all notifications from your apps and contacts.
    • Priority only - See only notifications from the priority list. The rest will go straight to action center.
    • Alarms only - Hide all notifications, except for alarms.

OPTION THREE [/i] Switch Between Focus Assist Modes from Settings

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17074.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Focus assist on the left side, and select (dot) Off, Priority only, or Alarms only on the right side for what mode you want to set for focus assist. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

satchmo, Sep 26, 2015

2. focus assist light wont turn off

Is the phone getting moist from sweat whilst working out? Moisture has been known to cause the focus assist light to malfunction and stay on.

psychomania---01, Sep 26, 2015
  3. RobFourth Win User
    focus assist light wont turn off

This is the second time this has happene d and I am really frustrated. I placed my new Nokia 1020 in an arm carrier while at the gym and at the end of the workout, the focus assist light was on and I could not turn it off. The pressure of the spandex sleeve
    must have cuased some buttons to be pressed in some odd series or something.

To solve the problem I performed a soft reset, a hard reset, let the battery completely run out, and the light was still on. I finally gave up and returned it to the store for a replacement. I got a new phone and had the same problem occur today. So it
    is my fault for making the same mistake twice, but I had a Nokia 920 for two years and placed in the same carrier hundreds of times with no problem.

Does anyone know how i can resolve this? I really love my Nokia phone, but am going to abandon the platform if this does not get resolved easily. My wireless carrier is a nightmare to deal with on issues like this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

RobFourth, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Satchmo, *Smile

I'm afraid that currently there's not a way to set a time for Quiet Hours. Only to turn it on or off for now.

Brink, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Truly retarded you can not set the hours.

pattang2016, Dec 21, 2015
  6. Is it safe to use the BAT file at startup as a workaround for the Quiet Hours turning itself on bug? So far, it seems to be working for that purpose, but I don't know whether it's safe to close and restart explorer while things are launching.

gregyurkon, Nov 14, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Greg, *Smile

It's safe. They will continue to load at startup as usual.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Focus

2. Cannot turn off Focus Assist in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot turn off Focus Assist in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Focus Assist is an incredible feature in Windows 11 and Windows 10 that allows you to control the distraction from all the app notifications. That said, it is not as same as how it works on a Phone, and hence many would like to turn it off. However, like many other...
  3. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  4. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  5. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Focus Assist Not Turning Off

Focus Assist Not Turning Off: Hi in settings there is a Focus Assist setting. It's currently set on "Only Alarms" but now I have been trying to click the button that says "Off" but it never responds. You might say that maybe it's because settings doesn't respond for me but NO it's responding with every...
  7. Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off: Hey everyone, I've been using focus assist for quite some time now and I quite like it, but lately it has been showing a weird behavior. When I start playing a game it turns itself on, as it should, but it does not turn itself off once I stop playing games. This did not...
  8. Focus assist won't turn off

Focus assist won't turn off: Hello, Focus assist will not turn off - I have a Surface Pro 4 that recently updated. I have tried turning Focus assist off using the Quick Action button, I have also tried going to Setting > Focus Assist. But when I click "Off" the page just freezes. When I try to click...
  9. 2004 focus assist notfications & actions but focus assiant is turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 focus assist notfications & actions but focus assiant is turn off: windows 2004 so since I was having issues with window defender scheduler scan task not working right in windows 2004 I decided to do media creation tool 2004 fresh windows update now I do can say that in action center I do have focus assist off and if I click on moon...
  10. Turn off Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Focus Assist: I'm confused but that is normal.....lol I am easily confused. I just go the update notice for the May 2019 update in August?? Does the tutorial that Brink made create a bootable USB drive with the latest version of windows 10 1903?? To make things more confusing when I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable windows focus assist

2. how to disable focus assist

3. turning focuas assist off windows 10