Windows 10: Focus Assist Alerts

Discus and support Focus Assist Alerts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable the sound for focus assist alerts? I don't see the point in the sound alerts when the point of focus assist is to reduce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Oct 6, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Focus Assist Alerts

Is there a way to disable the sound for focus assist alerts? I don't see the point in the sound alerts when the point of focus assist is to reduce "noise".

:)

swarfega, Oct 6, 2018
  2. mikelferdinan Win User

Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 6, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Focus Assist Alerts

Windows focus assist

Focus Assist is nicely explained in this Windows Blog item from Elana Pidgeon "Windows 10 Tip: How to enable Focus Assist in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update" (May 2018):

"Focus Assist helps you get more done by easily blocking notifications, sounds, and alerts to create distraction-free work times. This is helpful if you’re giving a presentation or trying to focus on a paper, you can use Focus Assist to block interruptions or distractions."
    Check out the preceding link for more information on the tool, along with instructions for enabling/disabling this setting.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Focus Assist Alerts

1. Focus Assist Alerts - Similar Threads - Focus Assist Alerts

2. Focus assist staying on after set times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist staying on after set times: Hi, I've been using Focus Assist for a few weeks and I find it to be a very helpful function, but for some reason I haven't been able to figure out, even though I have it set to work only from 6am to 6pm, it stays on after that and never shows me any notifications. If I...
  3. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Focus Assist: Is Focus Assist a Windows thing? It just started popping up. I've never seen it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/focus-assist/5393202c-2261-48cf-8c13-b80aeaf8092c
  4. Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working

Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working: My desktop notifications have not been showing up whenever a new email or app notification makes a sound. Checking Action Center shows nothing. I think it might have something to do with focus assist. If I click the Focus Assist icon in the action center, the icon does not...
  5. FOCUS ASSIST

FOCUS ASSIST: How do I PERMANENTLY remove and disable this crippleware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/focus-assist/757c9cc1-25f0-47c7-a715-241998b45a8c
  6. Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings: Hi, I'm experiencing the following issue on a system I just fully reinstalled (i.e. including a reformat of the HDD; I'm now running build 17134.228). Every time I try to access the "Focus Assist" settings in the Settings app, it just dies. Any clue?...
  7. Windows focus assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows focus assist: What does windows focus assist do? Sometimes it make my windows stuck for couple seconds when alt tab while playing a game. 115533
  8. Email Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email Alert: I wasn't sure where to post this , so I posing it here. I want to warn everyone of a email I received today. I got a email saying my PayPal account was being limited because of some violations. It also contained a file that I was supposed to open to confirm my identity. I do...
  9. Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10: How do I actually set the quiet hours? I want to set it from 10 pm to 7 am, but I cannot find the setting control to specify the time. 18273
  10. Security Alert

in Windows 10 News
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47451