Windows 10: Focus Assist How to Specify a Time Duration

Discus and support Focus Assist How to Specify a Time Duration in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a big fan of the Focus Assist feature, but it's missing some functionality that I would like. I'd like to be able to enable Focus Assist for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mandala, Dec 5, 2018.

1. mandala Win User

Focus Assist How to Specify a Time Duration

I'm a big fan of the Focus Assist feature, but it's missing some functionality that I would like. I'd like to be able to enable Focus Assist for a specified time period, say 30 minutes or 1 hour, and have it automatically turned off when the time duration I choose is up. The reason for this is that I frequently manually enable it but then forget to turn it back off and I miss notifications. Slack has this type of feature for their notification Snooze and I love it. Is there any way that I could set this up for Windows 10 Focus Assist?

:)

mandala, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows focus assist

Hello Mike, *Smile

Focus Assist used to be called "Quiet Hours".

It's a feature that basically allows you to pause or stop showing notifications when they would be inconvenient.

Here's some tutorials below to give you more details:

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Customize Focus Assist Priority List in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Dec 5, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Windows focus assist

Focus Assist is nicely explained in this Windows Blog item from Elana Pidgeon "Windows 10 Tip: How to enable Focus Assist in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update" (May 2018):

"Focus Assist helps you get more done by easily blocking notifications, sounds, and alerts to create distraction-free work times. This is helpful if you’re giving a presentation or trying to focus on a paper, you can use Focus Assist to block interruptions or distractions."
    Check out the preceding link for more information on the tool, along with instructions for enabling/disabling this setting.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Focus Assist How to Specify a Time Duration - Similar Threads - Focus Assist Specify

2. Quick Assist - Longer Time Duration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist - Longer Time Duration: Hi, I'm using Quick Assist and have experienced that every hour, it sends a notice which must be confirmed within 15 seconds to continue using otherwise it gets disconnected. Is there a way to disable this? Or are there other ways to have longer time to connect in Quick...
  3. Quick Assist - Longer Time Duration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist - Longer Time Duration: Hi, I'm using Quick Assist and have experienced that every hour, it sends a notice which must be confirmed within 15 seconds to continue using otherwise it gets disconnected. Is there a way to disable this? Or are there other ways to have longer time to connect in Quick...
  4. Focus assist

Focus assist: Should I have Focus Assist on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/dd06efc4-d2a9-4419-beb1-6dc8add48915
  5. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: Every once in awhile my focus assist stops working. I have checked everything I can, I have shut down and restarted, and still nothing. Is the whole program not working, or is it just for me?Thank you for providing me with any assistance you can give me....
  6. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: My focus assist only works for some notifications. I have checked the settings and every e-mail that I have assigned to be notified about is listed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix it, or if the issue is with Microsoft itself. Thank you, MJ...
  7. focus assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    focus assist: How do I totally disable Focus Assist?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/bbb0578a-592e-4c74-946d-a43086ec78a3
  8. Focus assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist: I want focus assist removed from my computer. Period. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/ce21b639-2f25-4bbd-9f07-93deeebd3952
  9. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Assist: Hi, I would like to ask you how can I enable the Focus Assist by script, by GPO, by Registry Key or by Scheduled task. I would like to enable it with Windows Server 2012. The GPO with quiet hours and the registry keys EntryTime and ExitTime don't run. Thanks...
  10. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist: I mostly play PC games on virtual machines and i don't want any notification sounds while i'm using a VM. Can i set up Focus Assist on specific programs or should i need to keep it on at all times? 140978