Windows 10: Focus Assist keeps crashing my older game. Is there no way to tunrn it off?

Discus and support Focus Assist keeps crashing my older game. Is there no way to tunrn it off? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've turned all it's settings to off in "Focus Settings", and clicking the tray icon just turns from "OFF" to "The Moon" symbol by itself. Then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardMerriman, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Focus Assist keeps crashing my older game. Is there no way to tunrn it off?

I've turned all it's settings to off in "Focus Settings", and clicking the tray icon just turns from "OFF" to "The Moon" symbol by itself. Then it does the notification sound in the middle of my game and my game crashes!

Games are 95% of my need for windows. I would probably start my computer once every three months if not for my games! I doubt I would ever upgrade my PC again if not for my games.

:)

RichardMerriman, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Faith Win User

Focus Assistant on 1903

Greetings.

Can anyone help me figure out how the Focus assistant in Windows 10 build 1903 works exactly? Because right now I have it to"off" in the Setting menu, but everytime I do stuff it turns itself "on" by its own and keeps reminding me that "notifications will remain silent in the action center while you're in fullscreen mode". Here's how it behaves to me at the moment:

• Desktop only - Alarm Mode On (sleep symbol)
    • Opening Edge - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Settings - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Mail - Focus Asistant Off

Everytime I close and open edge, system menu, mail, calender etc the notification center pops up this message. The way it worked before (on 1809) was that when I played games in fullscreen mode the sleep symbol on the action center became active, but everywhere else it was turned off. Now it seems to think that my desktop is in fullscreen mode? I don't understand how this works exactly. I can open and minimize Edge constantly and the sleep symbol in the bottom right corner will appear and disappear everytime.

Faith, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Focus Assist keeps crashing my older game. Is there no way to tunrn it off?

Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Focus Assist keeps crashing my older game. Is there no way to tunrn it off?

1. Focus Assist keeps crashing my older game. Is there no way to tunrn it off? - Similar Threads - Focus Assist keeps

2. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  3. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  4. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Focus Assist Not Turning Off

Focus Assist Not Turning Off: Hi in settings there is a Focus Assist setting. It's currently set on "Only Alarms" but now I have been trying to click the button that says "Off" but it never responds. You might say that maybe it's because settings doesn't respond for me but NO it's responding with every...
  6. My focus assist keeps turning on for no reason.

My focus assist keeps turning on for no reason.: I recently got a new laptop and the focus assist likes to turn on for no apparent reason. The computer would be idle and then I go back to it and it's on. Is there any way I can figure out what's triggering it?...
  7. Focus assist won't turn off

Focus assist won't turn off: Hello, Focus assist will not turn off - I have a Surface Pro 4 that recently updated. I have tried turning Focus assist off using the Quick Action button, I have also tried going to Setting > Focus Assist. But when I click "Off" the page just freezes. When I try to click...
  8. Turn off Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Focus Assist: I'm confused but that is normal.....lol I am easily confused. I just go the update notice for the May 2019 update in August?? Does the tutorial that Brink made create a bootable USB drive with the latest version of windows 10 1903?? To make things more confusing when I did...
  9. Is there any way to delete/uninstall Focus Assistant?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any way to delete/uninstall Focus Assistant?: I understand that some people will undoubtedly appreciate Focus Assistant, but I am not one of them. It is the most annoying program I have ever encountered. It is constantly interrupting me and nothing I do fixes the problem. I've turned everything off in Settings, which...
  10. Focus Assist Keeps Resetting

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus Assist Keeps Resetting: I set Focus Assist to "Off". But when I reboot the computer, it sets it back to "Alarms only". How can I get this setting to stick? JohnD 125940

Users found this page by searching for:

1. focus assist crashing games