Windows 10: Focus assist notifications cleared automatically before I can read them.

Discus and support Focus assist notifications cleared automatically before I can read them. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way that I can set up focus assist so that I can manually clear each notification after I view it. Right now, I get a list of notifications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jams3575, Mar 12, 2019.

1. jams3575 Win User

Focus assist notifications cleared automatically before I can read them.

Is there a way that I can set up focus assist so that I can manually clear each notification after I view it. Right now, I get a list of notifications, and I am able to view only one of them. Once I view that one, the entire list is cleared automatically. I would like to be able to view all of the entries, and delete each one manually from the list after I view it. Is there a setting that I can modify in order to achieve this ability?

:)

jams3575, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Windows focus assist

Hello Mike, *Smile

Focus Assist used to be called "Quiet Hours".

It's a feature that basically allows you to pause or stop showing notifications when they would be inconvenient.

Here's some tutorials below to give you more details:

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Customize Focus Assist Priority List in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Nim.121 Win User

Issues with Focus Assist and Notifications on Windows 10

Recently the notification bubble on the lower right of my taskbar sometimes displays a number, yet no new notifications would show in the action center. Whenever this happens:

• The Focus Assist quick action icon in the action center will not work even when I try to click on it (similar to whenever the quick action button for brightness adjust does not work)
    • Trying to open the Focus Assist settings will force-close Settings altogether

Sometimes it fixes itself, meaning I can finally open the focus assist settings, enable focus assist via the icon in the action center if I want to, and see the notification(s) list in the action center that was/were hiding before. Though the problem comes
    back again later on.

Other times if it bothers me that my notifications are not popping up in my action center for too long, I restart my Surface Pro 3 and the problem goes away temporarily. This happens randomly as if focus assist is turning itself on and off.

I believe focus assist and/or the notification settings may be the problem.

Is there a way to troubleshoot or fix this completely?

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Nim.121, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Focus assist notifications cleared automatically before I can read them. - Similar Threads - Focus assist notifications

2. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?: Every time I turn on my laptop running Windows 10, after login I see that Focus Assist is turned on and I have to turn it off manually. Is it something I should worry about? Will it cause any damage?...
  3. Notifications & Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications & Focus Assist: Can anyone help me please I have notifications and focus assist both turned on to receive notifications but I am not receiving any notifications to the action centre on my pc. I stopped receiving all notifications a few days ago.Many ThanksSarah...
  4. Notifications & Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications & Focus Assist: Can anyone help me please I have notifications and focus assist both turned on to receive notifications but I am not receiving any notifications to the action centre on my pc. I stopped receiving all notifications a few days ago.Many ThanksSarah...
  5. Automatic Rules in Focus Assist

Automatic Rules in Focus Assist: Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic rules using a gpo policy or registry edit? We want to try and have these off by default and let the user decide to turn them on....
  6. The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus?

The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus?: The pictures usually displayed before I click my mouse to bring up my sign in password are out of focus. How can I set my laptop so the photos appear again before my sign in appears?...
  7. Focus Assist doesn't block notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist doesn't block notifications: Hello, When my focus assist is turned on Alarms only or Priority only, I keep receiving notifications from mainly my browser I've tried on 2 different browsers or from software. How can I fix this issue? Thank you in advance....
  8. Automatic Rules for Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Rules for Focus Assist: Hi, I am quite surprised to see automatic rules in Windows 10 since I am a heavy Tasker user in Android. There is a rule for turning on the focus assist when I'm using an app in full screen mode. As shown in the picture below: https://imgur.com/0QS9aOl I notice that it does...
  9. focus assist notifications

focus assist notifications: Focus Assist is showing notifications for 'Virus & threat protection > Turn on virus protection' and 'Firewall & network protection > Turn on Kaspersky Internet Security'at every reboot/restart even though my AV (Kaspersky Internet Security) is up & running. This is even...
  10. Focus Assist not enabling automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus Assist not enabling automatically: When I'm playing Star Conflict, it doesn't get recognized and focus assist doesn't get enabled as configured. It's especially annoying because 1. VLC shows a notification every time a new track is played and 2. It"s the only program that I've ever used where the Windows key...