Windows 10: focus assist notifications

Discus and support focus assist notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Focus Assist is showing notifications for 'Virus & threat protection > Turn on virus protection' and 'Firewall & network protection > Turn on Kaspersky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by arvipat, Aug 24, 2019.

1. arvipat Win User

focus assist notifications

Focus Assist is showing notifications for 'Virus & threat protection > Turn on virus protection' and 'Firewall & network protection > Turn on Kaspersky Internet Security'at every reboot/restart even though my AV (Kaspersky Internet Security) is up & running. This is even though 'Virus & threat protection' in Windows Security shows 'Kaspersky Internet Security is turned on'.

Win10 v 1903

Dell Inspiron 5558

AV: KIS 2019

:)

arvipat, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Windows focus assist

Hello Mike, *Smile

Focus Assist used to be called "Quiet Hours".

It's a feature that basically allows you to pause or stop showing notifications when they would be inconvenient.

Here's some tutorials below to give you more details:

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Customize Focus Assist Priority List in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Nim.121 Win User

Issues with Focus Assist and Notifications on Windows 10

Recently the notification bubble on the lower right of my taskbar sometimes displays a number, yet no new notifications would show in the action center. Whenever this happens:

• The Focus Assist quick action icon in the action center will not work even when I try to click on it (similar to whenever the quick action button for brightness adjust does not work)
    • Trying to open the Focus Assist settings will force-close Settings altogether

Sometimes it fixes itself, meaning I can finally open the focus assist settings, enable focus assist via the icon in the action center if I want to, and see the notification(s) list in the action center that was/were hiding before. Though the problem comes
    back again later on.

Other times if it bothers me that my notifications are not popping up in my action center for too long, I restart my Surface Pro 3 and the problem goes away temporarily. This happens randomly as if focus assist is turning itself on and off.

I believe focus assist and/or the notification settings may be the problem.

Is there a way to troubleshoot or fix this completely?

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Nim.121, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. focus assist notifications - Similar Threads - focus assist notifications

2. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist: Should I have Focus Assist on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/dd06efc4-d2a9-4419-beb1-6dc8add48915
  3. Notifications & Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications & Focus Assist: Can anyone help me please I have notifications and focus assist both turned on to receive notifications but I am not receiving any notifications to the action centre on my pc. I stopped receiving all notifications a few days ago.Many ThanksSarah...
  4. Notifications & Focus Assist

Notifications & Focus Assist: Can anyone help me please I have notifications and focus assist both turned on to receive notifications but I am not receiving any notifications to the action centre on my pc. I stopped receiving all notifications a few days ago.Many ThanksSarah...
  5. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: Every once in awhile my focus assist stops working. I have checked everything I can, I have shut down and restarted, and still nothing. Is the whole program not working, or is it just for me?Thank you for providing me with any assistance you can give me....
  6. Focus assist does not stop Chrome notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus assist does not stop Chrome notifications: I have Focus Assist on, it works fine, moves low priority notifications to the Action Centre, shows high-priority notifications, but CHROME. Focus Assist never works with Chrome, Chrome always shows me notifications, whether I've kept Focus Assist on, Alarms only mode, or...
  7. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: My focus assist only works for some notifications. I have checked the settings and every e-mail that I have assigned to be notified about is listed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix it, or if the issue is with Microsoft itself. Thank you, MJ...
  8. Notifications persist with Focus Assist on Alarms Only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications persist with Focus Assist on Alarms Only: Why when turning Focus Assist to Alarms Only, notifications continue to appear? It does this on my laptop. on my desktop is working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-persist-with-focus-assist-on-alarms/ab054459-1de7-4b91-a782-2c576fb1557a
  9. Focus Assist doesn't block notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist doesn't block notifications: Hello, When my focus assist is turned on Alarms only or Priority only, I keep receiving notifications from mainly my browser I've tried on 2 different browsers or from software. How can I fix this issue? Thank you in advance....
  10. Focus assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist: I want focus assist removed from my computer. Period. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/ce21b639-2f25-4bbd-9f07-93deeebd3952