Windows 10: Folder 'Scan with'

Discus and support Folder 'Scan with' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and in Windows 7 I had option to scan folder within Microsoft Security Essentials. Now that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by newin10, Sep 10, 2015.

1. newin10 Win User

Folder 'Scan with'

Hello

Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and in Windows 7 I had option to scan folder within Microsoft Security Essentials. Now that I'm using Windows 10 that options is gone. Is there anyway to turn on folder scanning, I have options to play it with VLC, pin to quick access and so on, but no 'Scan with antivirus software'.

Thank you for any help.

:)

newin10, Sep 10, 2015

2. scan folder

I had a full page of scanned items i need for my job. They are all gone but about 7 of them. How do I get them back.

vegas vixen, Sep 10, 2015
  3. scan folder

Hi Vegas,

If you are looking for certain files, you can always use the search function in
    File Explorer.

Folder 'Scan with' [​IMG]

You can also check your Recycle Bin in case the files got accidentally deleted.

It's a good practice to always keep a back up of your important files and that's where the
    File History come in handy. For instructions on how to back up and restore files using File History, please refer to this
    article.

Let us know if you need further help.

Adrianne Buc, Sep 10, 2015
  4. Folder 'Scan with'

Security Essentials isn't compatible with Windows 10, or 8/8.1 for that matter. Some may say you'd be fine with the built-in protection, but I always like to have something more. If you install a new AV program, such as Avast, Avira, AVG, etc, you'll get the Scan with option back.

DeaconFrost, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 10, 2015
  6. newin10 Win User
    newin10, Sep 11, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Folder 'Scan with'

1. Folder 'Scan with' - Similar Threads - Folder 'Scan with'

2. Skipping folder Scanning for VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skipping folder Scanning for VM: How to skipping Hyper-V Directories from folder Scanning in Windows Security on Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skipping-folder-scanning-for-vm/b66dd1ef-32b9-4b7f-8316-cacccef65018
  3. Scan to Folder with SMB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan to Folder with SMB: We were given a Copystar CS 4551ci printer for our office. I am having an issue setting up the Scan to Folder function. It uses SMB. I can set up two of our 8 PC's to scan to a local folder on the machines C: drive. When I try to set up the others I can not establish a...
  4. Scan to Folder with SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan to Folder with SMB: We were given a Copystar CS 4551ci printer for our office. I am having an issue setting up the Scan to Folder function. It uses SMB. I can set up two of our 8 PC's to scan to a local folder on the machines C: drive. When I try to set up the others I can not establish a...
  5. Scan to Folder with SMB

6. Scan folder with Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan folder with Microsoft Defender: When I click the option for "Scan with Microsoft Defender" in Windows Explorer, this page pops up.Any idea why and what i can do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scan-folder-with-microsoft-defender/e4445960-b975-4018-ac55-94a3f3909771
  7. Deep scan folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deep scan folder: To whom it may concern: Is it safe to delete temporary files, thumbs.db, back up files , vim swap files across system and under user profile in deep scan folder? Kian William windows version1909-OsBuild:18363.1316 175177
  8. sfc scan...folders lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc scan...folders lost: Based on the error I was receiving, I ran the sfc scan and all of the DISM image scans and it seemed to have repaired the corrupted files; however, when I went back into my jump drive, entire folders have been removed! Is there a way to retrieve these folders? They are not...
  9. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Windows10 fax and Scan folders: Clean re-install of W10. Stuff restored from backup. In W Fax and scan, while the appdata folder has loads of sent faxes in it I cannot find a way to display them in the programme nor can I find where my fax contacts would be stored.. I have reset owner/permissions etc (I...
  10. scan to folder

in Windows 10 Support
    scan to folder: Please help me how to scan to folder using Ricoh MP 161. I had no issues until I upgraded from 7 to 10 15306