Windows 10: Folder stuck on "Music Library"

Discus and support Folder stuck on "Music Library" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally set my account folder "C:\Users\MYACC" to Music Library. I tried different methods to reset Libaries but couldn't get the folder from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Power, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Power Win User

Folder stuck on "Music Library"

I accidentally set my account folder "C:\Users\MYACC" to Music Library. I tried different methods to reset Libaries but couldn't get the folder from showing "Music" as its name on Windows Explorer.

Is this a symbolic link? Junction? How do I take it off?

When I go into properties, the dialog window title says "Music Properties" and the text box that says "Music" is shaded out, making it impossible to rename the folder.

Folder stuck on "Music Library" [​IMG]

When I double click "Music" to go into the folder, I see that it is actually "C:\Users\MYACC" containing my account contents.

Notice the title bar that says "C:\Users\MYACC". Under it, notice the address bar pointing to "Music" and the text "Search Music" in the search bar.

I'd appreciate any solutions to get back the old folder that would say "MYACC" instead of "Music" on Explorer at "C:\Users".

:)

Power, Jun 9, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jun 9, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Power, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

That doesn't look like it's a library, but is suppose to be for your actual "C:\Users\MYACC\Music" folder instead.

It looks like you moved your "Music" folder to "C:\Users" by mistake.

If you like, you should be able to use an option in the tutorial below to move your Music folder back to the default "C:\Users\MYACC" location.

Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jun 9, 2017
  5. Power Win User
    Hi Brink. Thanks for response.

Please take a look at my original post with updated pics to show the problem more clearly.

I tried restoring the libraries using both of the methods (properties and BAT file) at the link you provided. In library properties, clicking "Restore Defaults" resets the location to "C:\Users\Music". It should reset to "C:\Users\MYACC\Music".

It seems as if the explorer is treating the MYACC folder as the default Music Library folder.

This problem I'm experiencing pertains to only Windows Explorer. For instance, when I use Command Prompt or a third-party program to view the contents of "C:\Users", it would correctly show "MYACC" folder.

Power, Jun 10, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 10, 2017
  7. Power Win User
    No, the folder is not renamed to "Music". It is still named "MYACC".

It's just the Windows Explorer showing "Music" as its name.

As in the screenshot above, the folder is still "MYACC".

Windows Explorer is only treating it as Music Library folder.

Is there a way to reset/restore the whole Windows Explorer settings or the default Library settings?

Power, Jun 12, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you open the "C:\Users" folder in File Explorer, is it named "Music" instead of "MYACC" there?

Brink, Jun 12, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 12, 2017
  10. Power Win User
    I tried both of the methods and the folder still says Music. I might just leave it as it is for now. Thank you.

Power, Jun 14, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, that should have been for post #4 to rename the profile folder. *Redface

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder stuck on "Music Library" - Similar Threads - Folder stuck Music

2. Music Library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music Library: Is there a way of printing my Music Library into Notepad/Word or other app please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-library/99086a63-dd1a-452d-a824-3da624c85515"
  3. my music library

my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  4. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  5. Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos: For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location" Like so: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/change-location-of-user-folders-in-windows/ I'm looking to change the directory of these...
  6. Sonos Music library playback

Sonos Music library playback: When playing multiple albums by the same artist, Sonos plays them in alphabetical order. How do I retain the original order of the albums? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sonos-music-library-playback/f577839a-99e6-4343-91b8-e37f855c6a1f"
  7. Libraries folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries folder: Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane. Is there a way through...
  8. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  9. Music Library Not Sharing

Music Library Not Sharing: So, I'm trying to access my music library / collection on my laptop from my Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but oddly enough, my music library won't let me share it. [img] When I try to do it through the homegroup settings, when I select the music library from "not shared" to...
  10. How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?: I plan on having an SSD for the OS and a separate hard drive for programs/documents, music, etc. What I don't know is how exactly to change the directory for my Documents, music, videos, pictures, downloads libraries. Can anyone explain how to do this? This is for Windows...