Windows 10: Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

Discus and support Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location" Like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Berganda, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Berganda Win User

Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location"

Like so:
    https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/change-location-of-user-folders-in-windows/

I'm looking to change the directory of these folders for several computers.

I'd like to not have to do this for every folder, for every computer manually. Is there a way to automate this process?
    I'd like to avoid symbolic links if at all possible.

:)

Berganda, Jan 15, 2020
  2. smacPZ Win User

Remove Music, Pictures, Videos folders from Documents Library?

I'm using Windows 10 and have no use for the Music, Pictures, and Videos folders that appear in the Documents library. I want to remove them, or at the very least hide them from the folder listing. It's very annoying that Windows doesn't want to let you
    do that.

To be clear, I'm not talking about removing them from the explorer left side panel. I want to stop them from showing up in the Documents list. Does anyone know a simple way to do this? Thanks.

smacPZ, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?

Hello Jagwar, Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos :)

Actually, you do not need to change the location of Libraries since the location depends on where the folders included in the library are located, and what included folder you set as the default save location. The default save location is where everything you save in the library is actually saved to.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos - Similar Threads - Folders Changing directory

2. Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...: Below in the folders in Box 1 should show underBox 2 and 3. Can.t seem to have it working even after 3 resets. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-folders-from-file-explorerdownloads/6f9e379b-9b5f-4bf4-9f76-377f7fe143af
  3. Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...: Below in the folders in Box 1 should show underBox 2 and 3. Can.t seem to have it working even after 3 resets. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-folders-from-file-explorerdownloads/6f9e379b-9b5f-4bf4-9f76-377f7fe143af
  4. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  5. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  6. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  7. Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder: So I use a program called SyncBackPro to quickly backup my data from my computer to my external drive, it only mirrors the differences so the backup takes only a few seconds. The other day I noticed that it is copying files from my Documents folder and the progress bar...
  8. Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder: I'm using Win10. In My Documents I've found I have 2 of each of Pictures, Documents and Desktop folders. Although one of the Desktop folders is empty the other Documents and Pictures folders each have items in them. I think that they are local storage and OneDrive storage...
  9. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...
  10. How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?: I plan on having an SSD for the OS and a separate hard drive for programs/documents, music, etc. What I don't know is how exactly to change the directory for my Documents, music, videos, pictures, downloads libraries. Can anyone explain how to do this? This is for Windows...