Windows 10: Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

Discus and support Include Folder to Library in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Include Folder or Drive to Library in Windows 10 How to Include Folder or Drive to a Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by DennisHallack, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

How to: Include Folder or Drive to Library in Windows 10

How to Include Folder or Drive to a Library in Windows 10

Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can include folders and drives to a library as you like.

When you include a folder in a library, the files appear in the library, but continue to be stored in their original locations.

This tutorial will show you how to include a folder to a library for your account in Windows 10.

Include Folder to Library in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note Your Camera Roll, Documents, Music, Pictures, Saved Pictures, and Videos libraries are in the hidden %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries folder.

Libraries: frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows Help

[table][tr][td]Where is the folder stored?[/td] [td]Can it be included in a library?[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]On your C drive, or other internal drives on your PC[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]On a CD or DVD[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]On a USB flash drive, SD card, microSD card, or portable external hard drive[/td] [td]Yes, but the files and folders will be available only when the device or drive is connected.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]On a network[/td] [td]Yes, as long as the network location is indexed, or the folder has been made available offline.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]On a different PC in your homegroup[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]On a network-attached storage (NAS) device[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr] [/table]

• You can include up to 50 folders and drives to a library, but the included folder or drive (parent) can have as many folders in it as usual.
    • If you upgraded your PC from an earlier version of Windows, each of your libraries will include a Public folder by default.
    • To be able to search in libraries, the Windows Search service needs to be set to be Running and Automatic.
    • Libraries require it's included folders to also be added to the index to be able to search them even though they will still open properly.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Include Folder or Drive to Library using Manage Library Tools
    • Option Two: To Include Folder to Library using Library Properties
    • Option Three: To Include Folder to Library using "Include in Library"

OPTION ONE [/i] To Include Folder or Drive to Library using Manage Library Tools
    1. In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.

2. Click/tap on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click/tap on the Manage library button in the ribbon. (see screenshots below)

2. Click/tap on the Add button. (see screenshot below)

3. Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click/tap on the Include folder button. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Include Folder or Drive to Library using Library Properties
    1. In File Explorer, right click or press and hold on a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Add button. (see screenshot below)

3. Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click/tap on the Include folder button. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Include Folder or Drive to Library using "Include in Library"
    1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you want to use Include in library.

2. In File Explorer, right click or press and hold on a folder or drive that you want to include in a library, click/tap on Include in library, and click/tap on the library (ex: Videos) you want to include it to. (see screenshot below)

3. In File Explorer, select a folder or drive that you want to include in a library, click/tap on the Home tab, click/tap on Easy access in the ribbon, click/tap on Include in library, and click/tap on the library (ex: Videos) you want to include it to. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

DennisHallack, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Nevada PC Win User

Trying to Include Folder in Library, Doesn't Appear

Thank you,

RO

RobertJWin

Nevada PC, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Trying to Include Folder in Library, Doesn't Appear

In your screenshots I see only your Music users folder i.e. C:\Users\username\Music and not the Music Library.

In Explorer's View tab click on the Navigation pane menu and select the Show libraries option. Then when you select the Music (or any) Library you'll see a new Library Tools/Manage tab added to Explorer's ribbon above (next to the View tab). Under
    Manage you'll see the Manage library option where you can add all the folders you want as part of the library, including your Music users folder.

RobertJWin, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

1. Include Folder to Library in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Include Folder Library

2. Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library: Hello,I can't add a folder to my Documents Library. Here is what happens:I create a folder Temp in my C: drive.I right-click the Temp folder and click "Include in Library Documents". This appears to work.When I go to Documents Library, I cannot see Temp. Furthermore, a search...
  3. Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library: Hello,I can't add a folder to my Documents Library. Here is what happens:I create a folder Temp in my C: drive.I right-click the Temp folder and click "Include in Library Documents". This appears to work.When I go to Documents Library, I cannot see Temp. Furthermore, a search...
  4. My Pictures Library Now includes <folder name>-<Month>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Pictures Library Now includes <folder name>-<Month>: Something strange happened with the last Windows 10 update. When I view the 'My Pictures' library, I now see my folder name, say 2020 (for the year), and then windows is now display 2020-3, 2020-4, 2020-5, etc. So it's adding groups by month. These folders don't exist, so...
  5. Duplicate libraries-library folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  6. Windows Media Player - Windows Library - The Folder could not be included in Pictures -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player - Windows Library - The Folder could not be included in Pictures -...: Dear Microsoft Support, I just upload my collection of pictures to an Micro Sd Card and was planning to use Windows 10 Windows Media Player 12 to display them in random order in my desktop to refresh my old good times... Everything was going well until I hit folder number...
  7. No option to include folder into a library

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to include folder into a library: Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10 Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I don't have "Library" explorer subfolder in navigation pane nor do I have the option to "Library tools -> manage" in ribon of...
  8. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...
  9. Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10: How to: Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 How to Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be...
  10. Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Include in library' from Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can...