Windows 10: Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start

Discus and support Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hopefully someone can help. I've found repeatedly (across four separate installations) that in Windows 10 the Folders and files I have Pinned in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deaner, Jan 12, 2016.

1. deaner Win User

Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start

Hopefully someone can help.

I've found repeatedly (across four separate installations) that in Windows 10 the Folders and files I have Pinned in Quick Access disappear from the Submenu in Start after a while (see screenshot).

Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start [​IMG]

I've tried everything I can think of; from Unpinning everything and Repinning it, taking-out and replacing the File Explorer link, changing the function to launch Quick Access - and in every combination as well as Reset & Clear.

I have several Folders and stacks of Recent Files visible in Quick Access, and ideally would like to avoid just blitzing my User Profile or Installation yet again. Does anyone have any insight?

:)

deaner, Jan 12, 2016

2. file associations and eml files

There was some program which opened .eml tutorial files before file association was changed.

Is that program listed in Open with submenu of Context menu for .eml files? (Open a folder with your .eml files with File Explorer, right click an .eml file, select
    Open with in context menu, and see the 'Open with' submenu).

If the program is listed:

Select Choose another app in Open with submenu.

In How do you open such file list/dialog, select the desired program, check 'Always use this app to open .eml files' checkbox, and press 'OK' screen button.

Sergiy Shklyar, Jan 12, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start

1. Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start - Similar Threads - Folders Missing 'File

2. Files missing from folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files missing from folder: After I changed the icon of a folder on the desktop, all the files in the folder are missing. Also, all the subfolders in the folder are intact. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-missing-from-folder/6e4fec4d-3999-4826-9b92-2f7c3861b081
  3. "Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu

"Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu: As a totally-blind user, I have relied heavily on the "Create Text File" option in the New submenu for an easy way to create a batch file, play list, and other pure text files in Notepad. Sadly, this option is GONE! I found a Registry Edit issued by the Microsoft Answer...
  4. Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer: In my Personal one drive that's in file explorer I have a folder that's now empty. I think I can remember moving the folder out and then I put it back in but now it's empty so no idea what's going on. I do know that recycle bin is empty submitted by /u/TheRedDevils12...
  5. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing: Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File...
  6. File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder

File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder: Hello, File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder than are present under C:\Users\billf How can I fix "This PC" folder? Thanks, Bill Fee...
  7. computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network

computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network: After I recently changed router settings, I could not see any of the computers on my local network and now I cannot see the computer folder in file explorer/network. I cannot even see my own computer. My computer can be accessed by another computer on the network. How do I...
  8. Videos folder missing from Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Videos folder missing from Windows 10 File Explorer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]By default, the Videos folder can be seen under ‘This PC’ in Windows 10, but on a few occasions, it somehow gets replaced by ‘Documents’ folder. As such, you see no Videos folder under ‘This PC’ but duplicated ‘Documents’ folder. [...] This post Videos...
  9. Missing folders from the "User's File" folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders from the "User's File" folder: This is weird. I've just done a clean install of Win10Pro64 (as I have many times before) and I have something odd happening with the "User's File" folder icon on the desktop (put there from desktop>personalise>themes>desktop-icon-settings). When I open up my user files...
  10. start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled: In start menu file explorer is missing & in settings--- personalization---- start---- choose folder option appears on start is disable I have attach some photos then help me please how enable choose which folder appears on start [img] [img] [img] 16438