Windows 10: Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

Discus and support Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing. I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google. I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnRoss1969, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing.
    I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google.

I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that.
    I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar changed to Google.

Edge still opens in Bing.com

:)

JohnRoss1969, Feb 24, 2016

2. Does the new Windows 10 version 1703 not allow you to run Google Chrome?

You need to do to the Google Chrome Help Desk and they will be a great help.

Chrome Web Browser

JACKGRANADE, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Steve49st Win User
    Can't set Chrome as default browser in Windows 10

I've tried every way to make Google Chrome my default browser but Microsoft Edge refuses to let me. I think it's a Microsoft conspiracy to try to force us to use Edge. I want an operating system that will let me do what I want and not try to force things
    on me.

Steve49st, Feb 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

Brink, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Brink, Thanks for the info!!

JohnRoss1969, Feb 28, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 28, 2016
  7. XweAponX Win User
    I FINALLY figured this out. I know this is one of the most ancient Win10 issues. But you actually have to open a new edge tab, then open advanced settings and go to Search. Then go back to the page and actualy open google so it can be "detected" otherwise you'll only have Bing.

The choices only show up if you use a search engine from a blank tab.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

1. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing. - Similar Threads - Force Microsoft EDGE

2. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  3. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bing Window Keeps Opening, Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bing Window Keeps Opening, Microsoft Edge: I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 with my search engine set to Google. For some reason Microsoft Edge will randomly open to a Bing Search. For instance, it just did it and the search is for "Bing women's suffrage quiz". Last time this happened yesterday it was a Bing search for...
  6. bing and google

in Cortana
    bing and google: when i search something up on google chrome it automatically searches it up with bing instead fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-and-google/22ad10f0-5eaa-484f-9bf0-86d85f5d801c"
  7. Microsoft Edge/Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....
  8. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806
  9. cant change windows edge from bing to google

in Browsers and Email
    cant change windows edge from bing to google: how do i change my edge to google is my question.Also i did the upgrade but it also keep my old operating system and even though im administrator it wont allow me to remove it should i do a fresh install. 9682
  10. Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google: After installing Win10 I changed my default search engine from Bing to Google (Settings, View advanced settings, etc). Edge now opens with Google for the first tab but any subsequent tabs revert back to Bing/MSN. This also happens, incidentally, with Internet Explorer. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open google not bing

2. edge refuses to open google

3. open google not bing

4. edge open with bing not google,
  5. edge to open in google not bing