Windows 10: forgot admin password with additional security settings Reset my PC disabled

Discus and support forgot admin password with additional security settings Reset my PC disabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there, Ran into some issues with a common laptop Lenovo thinkpad running on windows 10. The security settings were done in a way that only admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aristotts, Feb 12, 2020.

1. aristotts Win User

forgot admin password with additional security settings Reset my PC disabled

hi there,

Ran into some issues with a common laptop Lenovo thinkpad running on windows 10. The security settings were done in a way that only admin can make security changes I.e reset the PC function and of cause the admin password has been forgotten. There is no way to log in as admin again. The power button during log in has also been disabled. When logged in as user or guests, we are not able to access such features.

What are the alternatives to reset the laptop assuming there is no way to log in as admin to make security changes, any attempts to make security change by restart will prompt into entering bit locker. Which is also untraceable.

TIA

Aris

:)

aristotts, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 12, 2020
  3. reset admin password if I forgot it

How do I reset the admin password if I forgot it

Jenniffer n RobbieAllison, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Kol12 Win User

Forgotten admin password.

Thanks guys. Just confirming that the instructions have worked and all of the account passwords are sorted out. Passwords have been stored securely so they won't be lost again!

One thing I noticed after creating the temp admin account is that you need to change it to a standard account afterwards otherwise it will be the primary admin account.

Kol12, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. forgot admin password with additional security settings Reset my PC disabled - Similar Threads - forgot admin password

2. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  3. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  4. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  5. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  6. How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset Admin account - forgot password!: Hi all,I completely forgot my windows admin account password, less than three months after creating it.How on earth can I reset it?Do I have to back everything up and basically wipe the entire computer just to get administrative privileges back?Or is there an easier...
  7. forgot my admin password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot my admin password: With no user account having administrator privileges, how do I get access to create a new administrator account? None of my users on this new Windows 10 installation have administrator privileges they're "standard" users -- this greatly hampers my ability to manage the...
  8. Forgot admin password

Forgot admin password: My son has a laptop that we are trying to make changes to but we get a pop up box asking for the admin password for my Microsoft account L Janet. However the userid that is showing up when that box pops up is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is a very old...
  9. reset admin password if I forgot it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset admin password if I forgot it: How do I reset the admin password if I forgot it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-admin-password-if-i-forgot-it/7cc32d7b-64fe-48fe-8f8a-cd8b56be935c
  10. forgot admin password

forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...