Windows 10: Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

Discus and support Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool. My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive. Question: how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seawin10, Mar 11, 2016.

1. seawin10 Win User

Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool.
    My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive.

Question: how do I get a recovery / boot format for my new Win 10 installation?

Thank you for the suggestions

:)

seawin10, Mar 11, 2016
  2. Fasil Vh Win User

MBR TO GPT without losing data

Hi,

I am existing windows user, and i am change my motherboard and try to install windows on ext hdd. the disk part is not work( can't select ext win OS partition the hdd is only support to install win 7. the error is hdd is changed to mbr mode. The solution
    is fully format the hdd.

How can i install win 10 and without losing data.?

Fasil Vh, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Fasil Vh Win User
    windows not install

Hi,

I am existing windows user, and i am change my motherboard and try to install windows on ext hdd. the disk part is not work( can't select ext win OS partition the hdd is only support to install win 7. the error is hdd is changed to mbr mode. The solution
    is fully format the hdd.

How can i install win 10 and without losing data.?

Fasil Vh, Mar 11, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Mar 11, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
Thema:

1. Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed - Similar Threads - Format HDD Installed

2. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  3. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  4. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Format: This might be a stupid Question lolHow do I tell for If an External USB HDD has been Formatted or not .... so I know for IF I NEED to Format it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-format/b956aefa-2570-4e3a-b8d6-e8715e386bba
  6. Formatted HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatted HDD: i Formatted a HDD to do a fresh install on my PC and when i try to reinstall windows 10 from a USB i can only get into the BIOS and i can't change the boot sequence to boot from the USB i even tried installing Ubuntu Instead and it still wouldn't work...
  7. installing win 10 on a new hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing win 10 on a new hdd: I purchased a Sony laptop several years ago that came with win8 MS offered a free upgrade to win10 that I took advantage of When my unit crashed a while back, I was able to download a media creation tool to a flash drive. to reintall win 10 I now have to replace this hd...
  8. Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?: Hello! I had to change laptops and swapped their hard drives and because of this, I had to install win 10 again using a bootable usb drive. Unfortunately, I didn't have any usb drive with a decent size and I had to use my external hard drive (where I had some tv shows...
  9. Restore Win Image will format the entire HDD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Win Image will format the entire HDD?: Hi, I want to recover from a Windows 8.1 System Image. From system restore, when it finds the Image, there is as field checked stating "Format Disk Drive" to suit the Image. Is this meaning that Windows will format the entire Disk, deleting all other User Partitions on...
  10. Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?: I bought a new PC which only come with a 2TB HDD with Windows preinstalled. (also has a Windows recovery partition) I decided to put in a 128gb SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. I kept the 2TB HDD for storage or my documents and photos. I made a 1TB partition,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install did not format HDD