Windows 10: Print to PDF in Windows 10

Discus and support Print to PDF in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Print to PDF in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 allows you to Print to PDF natively using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ARC1020, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ARC1020 Win User

Print to PDF in Windows 10

How to: Print to PDF in Windows 10

Print to PDF in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 allows you to Print to PDF natively using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature. Microsoft Print to PDF lets you create a PDF file of the contents of any web page or file without the need to use third-party software.

The .pdf file created by Microsoft Print to PDF can be opened by any app that supports this format. For example, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader, etc...

Microsoft Edge is the default app used to open .pdf files with in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to print to PDF using Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. When you print (Ctrl+P) a file or from any app that supports printing, select Microsoft Print to PDF from the list of available printers, and click/tap on Print. (see screenshots below)

Tip If you select more than one image file to print to PDF, it will combine them in the created PDF file.

2. Browse to the location (ex: Documents) where you want to save the .pdf file to, type in a name you want for the .pdf file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ARC1020, Apr 4, 2016
  2. Ra nan Win User

Can not print to PDF with windows 10

I just updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10.. Now I can not print to PDF...

i can can print a PDFS but can not print to a PDF..

Any my ideas for a fix?

Ra nan, Apr 4, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    When printing bank statements for one month I only get one page of printout which is about 7 items.

Windows 10 doesn't print anything. Applications do the printing. My bank statements are typically in .pdf format, so my PDF reader (Foxit) does the printing.

BulldogXX, Apr 4, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Fafhrd, Apr 25, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you. First post updated. *Smile

Brink, Apr 25, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    How do you control the actual order the files are included in the PDF? I have 3 jpgs. Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3 (scanned documents).
    I set the sort order to Sort by Name so they show as 1, 2, 3 but when I Print to PDF they end up in the PDF as Page 2, Page 1 then Page3. Nothing I do has any affect on this.

Looks like I will need to get a 3rd party app after all to create PDFs in Windows 10 unless someone knows a fix for this.

Edit: Fixed this by changing spooling for the Microsoft Print to PDF device from Start printing immediately to Start printing after last page is spooled.

Works for me anyway. Got the pages in the PDF in the correct order for the first time. Was able to repeat this problem and correct it by switching back and forth between the two settings.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Print to PDF in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Print PDF

2. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?: I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only....
  3. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?: I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only....
  4. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  5. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  6. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  8. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  9. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  10. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...