Windows 10: Free windows 10 recovery file download link to load onto a USB drive?

Discus and support Free windows 10 recovery file download link to load onto a USB drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Win 10 Asus Viviobook laptop was acting slowly but virus scans showed nothing. An upgrade version off Windows came along so I thought that might do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M the M, Feb 17, 2020.

1. M the M Win User

Free windows 10 recovery file download link to load onto a USB drive?

My Win 10 Asus Viviobook laptop was acting slowly but virus scans showed nothing. An upgrade version off Windows came along so I thought that might do the trick but instead half way through it went haywire and got locked in paraphrased, "Unable to upgrade so removing what changes have so far been applied". It is locked in a perpetual loop which is re-entered if manually rebooted. Using a different Asus laptop which I think might have started at Windows 7 but was definitely upgraded to Windows 10, I then made a recovery disc on a 2TB Western Digital USB SSD drive. I wasn't sure how to pre-format it but when Windows made it it indicated it was formatting for me.

It doesn't work. No troubleshooting nor even full resetting is allowed. It says the attached drive is "too small"?!

I'm thinking the recovery file is specific to the other laptop and I need a generic recovery file from Microsoft? Any links?

:)

M the M, Feb 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

4. Free windows 10 recovery file download link to load onto a USB drive?

Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Drive

When I try to create a Recovery Drive in Windows 10, Windows doesn't recognize the flash drive.

I'm following the instructions to create a Recovery Drive listed here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice. (I was asked to confirm my choice, and I clicked "Yes".)

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
      Next.

• (Secret Step) Wait a minute or so for the "Please Wait" screen to finish thinking

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it ...
    The issue is that when I connect a USB drive to the PC, it doesn't appear on the "Connect a USB flash drive" screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.

However, when I look in File Explorer, I can see the USB drive plugged into the computer. Selecting Properties shows that Windows considers its Type to be "Removable Disk". (Sounds right to me.)

I'm not getting any error messages.

My environment:

A brand new Toshiba Sattelite C55-C5241 laptop with Windows 10 Home. It's never had anything other than Windows 10 on it - unless they upgraded it at the factory.

A brand new ativa 8GB USB flash drive. Note that the packaging for the USB drive does not include Windows 10 in the System Requirements, but seriously?

What I've tried:

• Plugging the flash drive into all three USB ports (USB 2, USB 2, and USB 3)
    • Reformatting the flash drive with FAT32
    • Restarting the computer with the flash drive plugged in
    • Turning off Real-Time Scanning in McAffee

I've seen a few threads with this issue in Windows 8, but none of the potential solutions in those threads have worked for me. So here I am asking the same question, but for Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thank you.

Ambisinister, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Free windows 10 recovery file download link to load onto a USB drive?

1. Free windows 10 recovery file download link to load onto a USB drive? - Similar Threads - Free recovery file

2. Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?: Last time I used my recovery drive, my PC ran into an error in the second phase which resulted in severely limited options in the bluescreen menu. Attempting to recover from the recovery drive at this point just immediately resulted in an error. In a last ditch effort to fix...
  3. Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?: Last time I used my recovery drive, my PC ran into an error in the second phase which resulted in severely limited options in the bluescreen menu. Attempting to recover from the recovery drive at this point just immediately resulted in an error. In a last ditch effort to fix...
  4. Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 crashes when attempting to load a file onto USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashes when attempting to load a file onto USB flash drive.: My laptop crashes when I try to put a file onto the USB flash drive. It will start to transfer the file then immediately crashes with the Win 10 blue screen of death with an error message of "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" It will do this with the traditional type A USB drive...
  6. File History/USB Recovery Drive/Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File History/USB Recovery Drive/Windows 10: I have installed and formatted a new portable USB flash drive into one of my computer ports. Its purpose is to backup my computer file images thereby completing a file history from time to time. My "device manager" shows that it is not working or connected. How do I...
  7. Stuck/Cannot download - Files onto USB DRIVE

Stuck/Cannot download - Files onto USB DRIVE: I am trying for the past 10days and have used 2 different computers and in safe mode too but i simply cannot write the downloaded files onto my USB Drive. Note: The files are getting DL from official MS Site and it gets downloaded fully, but at 100 something goes wrong....
  8. Windows 10 download onto usb error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 download onto usb error: I’m using a pretty old laptop to download Windows 10 onto a usb for my new pc. However, right after I select download onto flash drive, instead of letting me select the drive, a screen pops up telling me I don’t have enough storage on drive C:, even though that’s the computer...
  9. Windows 10 recovery download link

Windows 10 recovery download link: Windows 10 recovery download link Can someone help me please . I do not have a computer to download windows 10 recovery but I need a link so I can sign into my account on the TV copy to the thumb drive and use it on my computer please help thank you in advance...
  10. Win 10 not downloading onto USB Drive

Win 10 not downloading onto USB Drive: I have tried downloading Win 10 onto a USB Drive on 2 different computers. The 2nd time I tried, I put the Media Creation Tool on the USB Drive but the Win 10 download does not appear. It took 6 hours each time :-( The error codes were: 0x80190193-0x90019 HP Laptop Win...