Windows 10: Freezing dots when computer is booting

Discus and support Freezing dots when computer is booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i try opening my computer, it loads the booting screen where I can press F12 or F2 to choose between setup options and boot options but on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ivanhedad, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ivanhedad Win User

Freezing dots when computer is booting

Whenever i try opening my computer, it loads the booting screen where I can press F12 or F2 to choose between setup options and boot options but on the very next screen as soon as the dot appear the screen freezes and it never unfreezes.

I cannot access to safe mode or advanced options because the computer cannot even boot.

I have tried the solution where I run the windows 10 installation media on a usb key from which I then boot my computer but the screen still freezes as it tries to boot.

I have fully diagnosed my PC but it says everything is fine.

I tried going back to my old video card but it doesnt change anything.

I must have restarted about 100 times and I have played with every setup settings trying to make my usb key a hard drive or to choose not to boot one of my real hard drives but nothing happened.

I have searched for everything on internet but I can't find anyone who resolved my problem.

My computer is a DELL Studio XPS 9100

I have never modified anything but my video card which never was a problem. I have had it for over a year, it's a MSI Nvidia GTX 960.

:)

ivanhedad, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Freezing dots when computer is booting - Similar Threads - Freezing dots computer

2. My computer freezes on the spinning dots when turning it on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes on the spinning dots when turning it on.: I tried getting rid of the activate windows watermark. I followed all the steps in this video Now, when I turn the pc on, the pc freezes on the black screen with the windows logo and spinning dots. I’ve already tried to boot it into safemode. But I don’t know what to do...
  3. Boot freezes at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot freezes at spinning dots: As the title says I am currently having an issue with my Win10 computer where whenever I try to boot it up it goes to the spinning dots under the company logo of the MB manufacturer and as soon as the dots appear it freezes. If I force automatic repair the exact same happens...
  4. Blue Square & Dots (Freeze) + BSOD when Booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Square & Dots (Freeze) + BSOD when Booting: Dear TenForums, https://i.imgur.com/6RE3c08.jpg https://i.imgur.com/10cQy1R.jpg I've recently bought and built a new system. However, after a couple of days of clean usage i started having Blue Lines & Dots during my booting which results in a freeze and not procede any...
  5. Windows freezes when one of the dots appears

Windows freezes when one of the dots appears: I have tried using a system repair USB, but the response I got to repairing the boot system was that it failed. Nothing in the log. None of the other options were fruitful either. I have restarted many times with the same result of one dot appearing and freezing. I am not...
  6. Computer Freezes On Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Freezes On Boot: So, this morning when I was trying to boot up my 3 month old gaming pc, everything seemed normal, until I got to the windows boot screen. Upon reaching that, the dots completely froze. I tried hard resetting until I got to auto-repair, but that froze too. I also had a Windows...
  7. Computer freezes when Windows is booting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes when Windows is booting: My computer freezes a few minutes after I start booting Windows. It freezes completely, I cannot move a mouse and have to do hard shut down. My computer runs two OS, apart from Windows I have Kubuntu installed which works without any problems. This issue appeared 6 months ago...
  8. Freeze at spinning dots (loading)

Freeze at spinning dots (loading): Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  9. Computer Freezing at Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Freezing at Boot: Hey guys, I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I have had no luck. My sister for her birthday got a new laptop (Dell Latitude E6420 Intel i5 2540m at 2.6 ghz). I did the free Windows 10 upgrade for her, and when the computer is starting from a shut down, it goes to a...
  10. Desktop stuck and won't boot freeze at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop stuck and won't boot freeze at spinning dots: My pc shut down in sleep mode and I have not been able to get it to boot up again after trying literally 100s of things.What happens is most of the time I can't get any display when I turn it on and the keyboard lights don't come on. Then some time I can get it to boot to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i press f12 to boot computer freezes