Windows 10: Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning.

Discus and support Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there, every morning for the past couple of days I've been getting a blue screen, but today it has happened multiple times. I've ran sfc /scannow,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Magnolia, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Magnolia Win User

Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning.

Hey there, every morning for the past couple of days I've been getting a blue screen, but today it has happened multiple times. I've ran sfc /scannow, DISM, chkdsk and they've all come back clear.

:)

Magnolia, Nov 15, 2017

2. BSOD Happening Frequently

I had another crash today, this time is a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Here's the minidump:

MEGA

***UPDATE*** - 11/03/2018

Just some minutes after that first crash, I had another one, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

mindump:

MEGA

Another crash, this time it was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

minidump:

MEGA

- I once again checked the memories with MemoryDiagnostic but this time I changed the options to Extended, Cache Enabled and 4 passes. Everything resulted OK.

- I will now format my PC yet again with a fresh install, this time, I will disconnect from the Internet, since I know my Windows download some drivers on the installation process.

Renan Martineli, Nov 15, 2017
  3. BSOD Happening Frequently

Some weeks ago my computer started giving me occasional BSODs. They're usually SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, etc.

Since then I started to take measures to try to zero in on the issue:

- Formatted my PC and installed a new fresh Windows from pendrive. Didn't work, still getting BSOD.

- Used Microsoft's original MediaCreationTool to create a Windows ISO pendrive, then ran Check Flash software to test the pendrive's reliability. Everything OK.

- Formatted my PC again. Didn't work, still getting BSOD.

- In every clean Windows install I run Driver Booster to update every driver. I didn't do that this time since it could be a driver's fault. Didn't work.

- Ran Microsoft's Memory Diagnostic and MemTest86. Both resulted in OK memory.

- Now I'm running Prime95 to stress-test my CPU and afterwards I'll run Intel's own CPU software test.

If anyone wants the latest minidump:

MEGA

I don't have the others minidump because I formatted my PC but I'll be sure to save them from here onward.

Also, my BIOS, CHIPSET and other drivers are all up-to-date(with the exception of this current install since I didn't run Driver Booster, but it doesn't seem that was the issue).

I noticed that these BSOD issues happen with more intensity when I'm navigating on the Internet, but it has happened while my computer was "idle".

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what this could be or what it could be done to fix it, I'd be much appreciated.

I had another crash today, this time is a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Here's the minidump:

MEGA

Just some minutes after that first crash, I had another one, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

mindump:

MEGA

Another crash, this time it was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

minidump:

MEGA

- I once again checked the memories with MemoryDiagnostic but this time I changed the options to Extended, Cache Enabled and 4 passes. Everything resulted OK.

- I will now format my PC yet again with a fresh install, this time, I will disconnect from the Internet, since I know my Windows download some drivers on the installation process.

Renan Martineli, Nov 15, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: slmgr /dlv

Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Magnolia Win User
    Updated the info, the ones I've left out I just don't know the brand of them.

What info do you want from slmgr /dlv?

Magnolia, Nov 15, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Please post the image into the thread or post a one drive or drop box share link.

The website has strict rules about piracy.

There is software on the computer that can be used to bypass the activation of software.

zbook, Nov 15, 2017
  7. Magnolia Win User
    Magnolia, Nov 15, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Hi Magnolia,

It looks to me like your windows is genuine. I believe @zbook is referring to the Haste Esports software you have installed and I would agree that it is probably not a good idea to have this running as we do not know what it does. Did you have this on a trial basis or are you now paying for it?

As for the BSOD events - it looks to me that they are being triggered by the graphics driver atikmdag.sys. Did you update your graphics driver in the last couple of days? If so, you could try rolling back to an earlier driver to see if it makes any difference.

philc43, Nov 16, 2017
  9. Magnolia Win User
    Oh, I uninstalled Haste months ago, a couple of days after I first installed it, no idea why it's still there.

I reinstalled Windows earlier so I'll see if it's still happening, thanks for the help though.

Magnolia, Nov 17, 2017
  10. Magnolia Win User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.64]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.64

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

My bios is the most up to date (excluding beta) version. GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

HDTune screenshots - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I haven't been able to do chkdsk yet, when I tried to use Memtest nothing seemed to happen, just a black screen. I'm a little hesitant to reset my BIOS in case it doesn't boot after that, as I'm not in a position to get a new computer any time soon.

Magnolia, Nov 19, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Methods used to use Memtest86+ when initial attempts fail:

Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials:
    Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Note
    If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI firmware settings, then you will need to temporarily disable fast boot or ultra fast boot to be able to boot from a USB.

How to Enable Fast Boot or Ultra Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows:
    Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows Performance Maintenance Tutorials

1. Try another USB stick
    2. Try all USB ports (2.0 and 3.0)
    3. Maybe when using UEFI Bios you have to temporarily switch to Legacy in BIOS settings
    4. Turn off temporarily fast boot, secure boot, CSM if enabled

zbook, Nov 20, 2017
  12. philc43 Win User
    I noticed that you had reinstalled Windows. Have you had any BSOD events since then? If not then you may already have fixed the problem. If you get any more BSOD crashes please post a new zip file.

philc43, Nov 20, 2017
  13. Magnolia Win User

Yeh, I've still been getting BSODs, I've had quite a few today alone. I'll try the other methods of memtest later on today.

Magnolia, Nov 20, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    All these BSOD events are different and this usually indicates a hardware problem. PLease try to run the memtest86+ test using the help provided by @zbook in post #10.

philc43, Nov 20, 2017
  15. Magnolia Win User
    Still not able to run Memtest, turns out when I try to enter my BIOS nothing seems to happen either, just a black screen. I've left it for 10 minutes and nothing still seems to happen. I also very thoroughly cleaned the insides of my computer to see if that was the cause for some reason.

Magnolia, Nov 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning. - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs tends

2. BSODs happening frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs happening frequently: So I have had a few different BSODs Not just IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I have taken it in to be "fixed" and they have yet to actually fix it from what I'm seeing if I post my minidump translated someone should be able to figure it out <DmlText> ************* Preparing the...
  3. BSODs happening frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs happening frequently: So I have had a few different BSODs Not just IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I have taken it in to be "fixed" and they have yet to actually fix it from what I'm seeing if I post my minidump translated someone should be able to figure it out <DmlText> ************* Preparing the...
  4. Random BSOD every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every morning: Hi,I have a question, my computer has a fresh install of windows 11 home, every morning it would have a BSOD once or twice in some cases within an hour of each other. Something is causing the crash, i guess it could be a driver and i dont know which one, ive done a memtest...
  5. Random BSOD every morning

Random BSOD every morning: Hi,I have a question, my computer has a fresh install of windows 11 home, every morning it would have a BSOD once or twice in some cases within an hour of each other. Something is causing the crash, i guess it could be a driver and i dont know which one, ive done a memtest...
  6. BSOD happening frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happening frequently: My laptop is 1 year old, it was running smoothlyBut suddenly it stuck on Asus logo at startup, then I was BSOD.When it opened, I cannot open Chrome and other applications that run on GPU acceleration.So I installed AMD drivers, then for few days I didn't see the BSOD.I...
  7. BSOD happening frequently

BSOD happening frequently: My laptop is 1 year old, it was running smoothlyBut suddenly it stuck on Asus logo at startup, then I was BSOD.When it opened, I cannot open Chrome and other applications that run on GPU acceleration.So I installed AMD drivers, then for few days I didn't see the BSOD.I...
  8. BSOD happens frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happens frequently: I need some help, I been getting BSOD alot this week while I was trying to play a game "Lost Ark" but almost every time I open it the system crashed about 2 mins later every time. I have tried reinstall drivers, the game, changing windows updates or even resetting my laptop....
  9. BSOD happens frequently

BSOD happens frequently: I need some help, I been getting BSOD alot this week while I was trying to play a game "Lost Ark" but almost every time I open it the system crashed about 2 mins later every time. I have tried reinstall drivers, the game, changing windows updates or even resetting my laptop....
  10. BSOD happens frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging