Windows 10: Fresh install, downloads folder re-enables grouping and sorting on boot.

Discus and support Fresh install, downloads folder re-enables grouping and sorting on boot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just built a new PC and installed windows on it. It is fully up to date. I keep changing the downloads folder settings to group by none and sort by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jjsca, Feb 6, 2020.

1. /u/jjsca Win User

Fresh install, downloads folder re-enables grouping and sorting on boot.

I just built a new PC and installed windows on it. It is fully up to date. I keep changing the downloads folder settings to group by none and sort by name. It keeps changing itself back. I have tried doing it from the ribbon and doing it from the right click menu. I have tried going into Folder options -> view and clicking 'Apply to Folders' but that just instantly re-enables grouping and sorting instead of applying my setting.

Is this a known issue? How do I fix it? It is driving me crazy!

submitted by /u/jjsca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jjsca, Feb 6, 2020

2. downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?

I just downloaded a file and discovered that (since the 1903 upgrade I believe) the downloads folder is sectioned into dated groups. This is the most awful thing for me and I can find no way to put the folder back into a simple list. Other folders I have
    opened so far don't seem to suffer from this abomination. Does some developer think I don't know how to find the date or sort the way I want to in this or other folders? I hope there is someone out there that can help me reverse this stupidity.

Edit: I found the Group By view and corrected my issue. No idea how it changed. Sorry for the rant.

DarkkHelmet, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Shawn Brink, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

How to desegregate Folders/Files in File Explorer Sort By Functions?

Hi,

Sorting the layout of each folder is really dependent on the user's preference, that is why Windows has a variety of ways of sorting files and folders.

To sort files and folders alphanumerically together, we can try grouping it by name.

To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the folder that you want to sort, click View.
    • Look for Group by and left-click on it.
    • Select Name.

Fresh install, downloads folder re-enables grouping and sorting on boot. d1b579c8-659a-4dff-8380-20a72d125af9.png

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Fresh install, downloads folder re-enables grouping and sorting on boot. - Similar Threads - Fresh install downloads

2. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  3. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  4. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  5. Question re: fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question re: fresh windows install: So I'm not sure what happened to my Surface Book 2, but after performing a hard shutdown in the middle of a video driver failure I got stuck in an automatic repair loop. Can't boot to windows, can't reinstall/repair, and apparently even the registry is corrupted beyond...
  6. Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.: For several weeks now this has been happening, and it ONLY happens in the Downloads folder. When I open it it has changed its view settings so that the icons are grouped and sorted by date. I change the settings to NONE for group by.. then change it back to sort by name view...
  7. Disable group by in Downloads folder

Disable group by in Downloads folder: Ever since Windows 10 has updated to 1903 files in the default Downloads folder are being grouped by date. I tried changing it to none but it keeps resetting back - sometimes after restart, sometimes just pressing refresh is enough to reset it back. How can I permanently...
  8. Enabling secure boot on fresh install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enabling secure boot on fresh install?: Hello, I apologize if this is the wrong section to ask this. I just bought a blank laptop (ASUS Strix Scar GL503GE) and installed Windows 10. I turned off secure boot for the install because the machine wouldn't boot from the usb. Install went smoothly but when I went back to...
  9. downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?

downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?: I just downloaded a file and discovered that (since the 1903 upgrade I believe) the downloads folder is sectioned into dated groups. This is the most awful thing for me and I can find no way to put the folder back into a simple list. Other folders I have opened so far don't...
  10. Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded: Last night I updated my PC and shut it down to go to bed, and when I got on today I noticed my downloads folder was sorted by the date downloaded. [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix this?...