Windows 10: Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ukcatsfan83, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My question is: If I were do perform that upgrade, and later on in the future I have to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, will I be able to use that Win10 Pro key to perform the fresh install, or would I need to install Windows 10 Home first, then upgrade?

:)

ukcatsfan83, Aug 31, 2015
  2. mctimmy Win User

Windows 10 Pro Blue Screen

I installed Windows 10 Pro using the "Media Creation Tool" on an existing Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center. After several days of trouble free Windows 10 Pro operation I started getting a "Blue Screen" with the following error message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT
    HANDLED (cng.sys)".

Is there anything I can do other than a repair or fresh install to correct it?

My experience is to fresh install Windows 10 Pro to get rid of "Blue Screen" errors.

Can I make a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro without having to go back through the thread of installs I made to get to this point (i.e. Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center to Windows 10 Pro)?

The Original Equipment Manufacturer makes it difficult to obtain the original Windows 8.1 Product Key that came with the computer but I have the Windows 10 Pro with Media Center upgrade Product Key, I am worried that the upgrade Product Key will not be enough
    to make a fresh install.

Please recommend the best path forward. Thanks.

mctimmy, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 31, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

I don`t see why you would have to start all over again, you should just be able to do clean installs and Windows 10 Pro should auto activate.

Others please correct me if I`m wrong.

Why not just make disk images so you don`t have to re install ?

AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
  5. MickD Win User
    You could upgrade 8.1 Home to 8.1 Pro, then perform the free in-place free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Once 10 Pro is upgraded/installed and activated you are all set and will never have to perform a clean install of 8.1 again. From then on when using that PC you can perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro when ever you want using Windows 10 Pro ISO media (DVD or USB Flash drive). No key codes will be needed for clean install of 10 Pro since Microsoft has stored an Activated unique id for your hardware. I had no issues upgrading Windows 7 Pro then performing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. It's sorta a hassle to have to 1st upgrade then perform a clean install but what the heck, Win 10 is free*Biggrin If all this seems like a hassle then for $40 more you could just purchase Windows 10 Pro DVD and just start with a clean install. This also is a reasonable approach for you since it will save some time and avoid any of the Windows 10 upgrade issues some are experiencing.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Newegg.com

MickD, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Pro version adds these features

7. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
  8. MickD Win User

I didn't state, since it's well known now he can't, he would be able to perform a clean install directly. He will be able to perform clean install of Windows 10 via 1 of 2 methods. 1. After upgrading to Windows 10 he then will be able to perform a clean install. 2. Since he's considering upgrading to Windows 10 Pro he can perform a clean install without upgrading by purchasing the Windows 10 Pro DVD OEM full version.

MickD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Pro

2. Want to install a fresh Windows 11 pro or Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to install a fresh Windows 11 pro or Windows 10 pro: I just built my first custom gaming PC, now i need an OS:a I purchased a legitimate MS windows 11 pro DVD with key from computer store, but i do not have a dvd player to install it - can i download the latest version of windows 11 pro from MS store and use the DVD product key...
  3. Want to install a fresh Windows 11 pro or Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to install a fresh Windows 11 pro or Windows 10 pro: I just built my first custom gaming PC, now i need an OS:a I purchased a legitimate MS windows 11 pro DVD with key from computer store, but i do not have a dvd player to install it - can i download the latest version of windows 11 pro from MS store and use the DVD product key...
  4. Fresh install of digitally licensed windows 10 pro education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh install of digitally licensed windows 10 pro education: Hello.I have a digitally licensed windows 10 pro education right now.I want to clean install the same edition but the same is not listed in the installation media tool.How do I continue?...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Fresh install Nothing Maximizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Fresh install Nothing Maximizes: hi,i just downloaded and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro from microsoft and quiet frankly i'm having a weird problem.when i boot into windows and try to launch anything it doesn't maximize.i see the default background with no icons on the desktop. i click on file...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Fresh install Nothing Maximizes

Windows 10 Pro Fresh install Nothing Maximizes: hi,i just downloaded and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro from microsoft and quiet frankly i'm having a weird problem.when i boot into windows and try to launch anything it doesn't maximize.i see the default background with no icons on the desktop. i click on file...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Fresh install Nothing Maximizes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro License on a Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro License on a Fresh Install: I originally had a Windows 7 Pro license that was auto updated to Windows 10 Professional in 2014 Then Last Year i got a new PC and I called microsoft and had that license transferred to a new Machine witha 250 gig HDNow i have a newer 2 terrabyte HD and I cannot reach...
  9. Some issues after freshly installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some issues after freshly installing Windows 10 Pro: [ATTACH] Did a fresh install of Windows 10 yesterday, and ran into 2 issues. One some folders I cant open and get this error message. It is all updated and good and my profile (only one on this pc) is the Administrator when I look in settings....
  10. Fresh install of windows 10 pro and teredo tunneling adapter is not installed

Fresh install of windows 10 pro and teredo tunneling adapter is not installed: Hello yesterday i upgraded my gaming PC with a nvme ssd I got windows installed got all the latest updates for windows and drivers but as soon as i logged into the xbox app i was unable to join a party chat because teredo was unable to qualify and server connectivity is...