Windows 10: Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

Discus and support Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by topgundcp, Oct 21, 2014.

1. topgundcp Win User

Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update.

If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to download.

• Download: esd-decrypter-v4c and unzip to the desktop
    • Copy the content of the RecoveryImage folder into the same place where decrypt.cmd is
    • Open Admin Command Prompt and type: decrypt install.esd
    • Select option 3 or 4 (use 4 if you want to customize the installation)
    • Use Rufus - Create bootable USB

EDIT: Updated with the latest version esd-decrypter-v4c

Hope this helps.
    Cheers

:)

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2014
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Update KB3010668 not available to fix Sleep issues in Windows 10 .

Hi Farrell,

For further assistance regarding the update for KB3010668. Kindly refer to the response of Michael_Martin on this

link
    . This will provide you steps on how to reset your Windows Update components.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Oct 21, 2014
  3. I want to know about reserve copy of windows10

Oh dear, looks like i'll be forever stuck on a Windows 10 Tech build, I've just lost all activation rights sigh.

I did the install this way after researching its always best to do fresh installs of every windows, as to avoid some issues/problems.

gabriallethefallen, Oct 21, 2014
  4. Superfly Win User

AFAIK the cryptokey has changed in WTP...

Code: if %build% GTR 9600 ( dism\esddecrypt.exe %ENCRYPTEDESD%[/quote] ...best to use the latest version 4c.

Superfly, Oct 21, 2014
  5. topgundcp Win User
    ...best to use the latest version 4c.[/quote] Thank you but AFAIK, it worked and I would not post it if it didn't work.

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2014
  6. Kari Win User
    I made this tut for those interested, thanks for the idea topgundcp: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...-esd-file.html

Credits where they belong, this quote from the very beginning of the tut:

7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Oct 22, 2014
  8. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

IownAmoneyPit, Oct 22, 2014
  9. Ztruker Win User
    As I posted in Kari's tutorial, after the update to 9860 I do not have a C:\RecoveryImage\install.esd. I have C:\RecoveryImage\install.wim.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  10. adamf Win User
    Me too and it is the 9841 version - it was not updated by the upgrade.

Attachment 7349

adamf, Oct 22, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    Maybe the .esd file is buried in 'Recovery' Superhidden on some machines.
    For me, the upgrade created the 'RecoveryImage' folder in C: as I don't have a recovery partition.

Edwin, Oct 22, 2014
  12. Kari Win User
    I will check this.

I have now done this on three machines, all with small differences. One upgrade worked as it should, the install.esd was found at C:\RecoveryImage. One failed the upgrade after installation, the third I only installed but did not run the upgrade, In these two last cases the install.esd was found at C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources ($Windows.~BT is a hidden folder).

13. Ztruker Win User

I'll see what turns up after the update of the Win 10 TP running under Hyper-V finishes. I'll look for install.esd and install.wim, see if it turns up anywhere.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  14. Kari Win User
    Enable showing hidden items, then search the drive C: for EXT:ESD and EXT:WIM.

15. Ztruker Win User
    EXT:ESD turned up C:\RecoveryImage\install.esd. Nothing for EXT:WIM.

I downloaded 9860 yesterday but did not install till this morning. This is what I see:

Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860 [​IMG]

so this time I got a install.esd and not install.wim. No idea what is going on and why I got install.esd here and install.wim on my Acer Laptop.

The only difference I can think of is the Acer Laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1.1 to Windows 10 TP then 9860 build. The Hyper-V VM was a clean install of Win 10 TP then upgrade to build 9860.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
Thema:

1. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860 - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Build

2. Flash won't install on Build 9860

in Browsers and Email
    Flash won't install on Build 9860: Strange thing just happened - I have updated to Build 9860, in fact, I reinstalled the original Win10 TP, then updated to 9860 right away and now am in the process of setting up. Suddenly I got the following message while installing Adobe Flash: "The user does not have...
  3. TP 9860 shared folders crashing

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    TP 9860 shared folders crashing: Installed-updated successfully latest 9860 build,but am unable to assign shared folders. Happened to anyone else,a workaround maybe? 2572
  4. Windows 10 TP Version 9860 Internet Problems

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 TP Version 9860 Internet Problems: I just updated my Windows 10 laptop to version 9860 and have a problem. It's best to show rather than tell, so here are a couple of snips from the laptop. [img] [img] I was asked to upgrade to IE 11 and I think that may be the problem. If so, how do I get rid of it? 2588
  5. Can't update windows build from 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update windows build from 9860: every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help 3715
  6. Windows 10 TP Latest build install on an empty machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 TP Latest build install on an empty machine: Right, so I've got a laptop that I'm currently trying to install windows 10 tp onto. It's the exact same model as the one I'm running on (it's my brothers, and I'm trying to fix it for him), but I've hit a snag. The insider program website says that you can burn the .iso...
  7. Build 9860 ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9860 ISO: My prefered pc refuses to upgrade to build 9860 so I tried, sucessfully to upgrade the second one. Before I had configured restore it crashed big time. I have removed the hdd and formatted it, I won't bother to put it on that machine again. I was wondering whether the ISO...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  9. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860: With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option. The information comes from Gabriel...
  10. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860: Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new version of Windows 10 build 9860. This updated build has a lot of new features over 9841, many of which were not announced when the download went live. Of those who downloaded the build, 41% installed it on their desktop, 32% on...