Windows 10: Full format of my 'C' Drive

Discus and support Full format of my 'C' Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluenose1940, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Full format of my 'C' Drive

I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall.

I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it must be 12 months old by now, is it OK to use this or would I be better off downloading a more recent version.

Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Mar 3, 2017
  2. RajPatil Win User

windows 10 c drive full

hi

my c drive almost full (only 10 gb remaining) can I format c drive with out changing OS 10

if I can format c drive then what will be the procedure ??

RajPatil, Mar 3, 2017
  3. Om _Kumar Win User
    Windows 10 complete format.

I was trying to format 'C' drive (completely) since 3 days. I had tried recovery option with full clean option but didn't work. Actually I want to format full hard disk including 'C' drive which contains system files/folders. Through recovery
    option only the other drives get formatted but not the 'C' drive and after formatting the 'C' drive i got a folders in ' C' drive
    'windows.old'. And don't want this folder to be there. My windows 10 is pre-installed.

Is there anybody who can help?

Om _Kumar, Mar 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Full format of my 'C' Drive

Brink, Mar 3, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    When you get to the custom install screen with all the existing partitions listed, you can delete each one and then select the unallocated space to install to and click next. If you have a data only partition that you want to keep, then don't delete that one but still select the unallocated space to install to. If you do have a data only partition, hopefully it is at the very end of the hard drive so you don't end up with wasted space after it.

NavyLCDR, Mar 3, 2017
  6. Thanks for the replies folks.
    I have now made a new USB with the latest Windows which I got from the link given above.

I have been using Microsoft Outlook since I changed to Windows 10, Can you tell me if I will lose my emails when I do the reinstall?
    Are you going to tell me that I will need to save each of them to a folder before I do it?

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you have your emails set to keep a copy on the email server, then your emails will sync back when you set up Outlook with the email account again.

Brink, Mar 3, 2017
  8. Full format of my 'C' Drive

Hello Brink, thank you for your input. This is not something that I am aware of, how can I check to see if it is set up that way and, if it's not, can I do it now or, will it only save any new mails from the time the setting was changed?

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you have an @Outlook.com email address, then it syncs by default.

Brink, Mar 3, 2017
  10. No unfortunately mine is an @gmail.com

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 3, 2017
  12. Thank you Brink, I think that I should be OK.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. Please let us know how it went. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Full format of my 'C' Drive - Similar Threads - Full format 'C'

2. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  3. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  4. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  5. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  6. C drive full.

C drive full.: I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I can't see my specific question answered. My 250gb SSD C drive is nearly full. I cloned it to a 1TD SSD but it created a partition on the new drive of the same size as my current drive so didn't help at all. I couldn't...
  7. my c drive is full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my c drive is full: my c drive is full is any way can I extended ? or because of c drive full I have to buy another laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-drive-is-full/b39ce971-4972-4adc-b95c-fcfb2d8acf82
  8. C- Drive full

C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...
  9. the C drive is full

the C drive is full: i'm still having a full C drive full how do a clean it the right way I tried every thing and nothing happens so I don't know what to do can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-c-drive-is-full/d13c1f4b-9169-4cc4-bdbf-1c848864735a"
  10. C: Drive Formatting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C: Drive Formatting.: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now ive installed on another Drive called D drive on to my new SSD D: drive and it's been running fine on D drive for months and I want to format all of the c drive to use for new storage item whatever they me. Will that be ok to go...