Windows 10: Fullscreen UWP apps screen glitching in tent/tablet mode after waking up from sleep

Discus and support Fullscreen UWP apps screen glitching in tent/tablet mode after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, I have this specific issue where my screen will glitch out (black horizontal flashing bar or coloured artifacts) whenever I put my laptop in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nathanielsan, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Fullscreen UWP apps screen glitching in tent/tablet mode after waking up from sleep

Hey all, I have this specific issue where my screen will glitch out (black horizontal flashing bar or coloured artifacts) whenever I put my laptop in tent mode and playing video in a fullscreen UWP app (Netflix, ACG player, fullscreen YouTube in Edge,...). VLC normal installed program works fine, as does Windows Media Player.

Now, this only happens after the PC has waken up from sleep (clean reboot will clear the issue) and on top of that it only happens in tent mode (eg. screen rotated 180°). If I keep the laptop in "tent mode form" but just turn it on its head so the screen auto-rotates back to its usual orientation (hinge at the bottom), it's all good.

While it's really no big deal, I wonder if this is just my laptop or if this happens to more people. Tried googling but I can't seem to find anything closely related to this specific issue.

I'm using a new Lenovo C940 with everything up to date (Windows 1903, drivers etc. all updated).

submitted by /u/Nathanielsan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nathanielsan, Nov 7, 2019
  2. coldy Win User

Tablet Mode In Fullscreen On PC

Where to find it.

Tablet mode will basically go fullscreen on your pc, removing windowed apps and turning the Start
    menu into the Start screen. To turn it on or off, follow these easy steps.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

If you want to do it the short, quick way, there should be a toggle by default in the Action Center in the bottom
    right hand corner of the desktop. Just click it on or off when you want to go into and out of tablet mode or go
    this way:

1. Click or tap the Start button
    2. Open the Settings application
    3. Click or tap on "System"

In the pane on the left of the screen scroll half way to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode" Ensure the
    toggle is set to either on or off to your preference.

coldy, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 7, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Fullscreen UWP apps screen glitching in tent/tablet mode after waking up from sleep

UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.

I have been using the standard remote control app from my Windows tablet to connect to other installs on my laptop (Host or a vm). I use touchmousepointer to flip flop tablet into mousepointer or touchscreen mode.

Problem is if tablet is in mouse mode, you have to click keys on touchscreen keyboard in remote session rather than more natural finger typing. I was forever going back to tablet and toggling touchmousepointer on or off, which is a real pain when using rdp in fullscreen mode.

If you rdp from an android device using Microsoft RDP app, you do not need to use touchmousepointer on tablet, as the rdp client gives you option to flip flop between mouse and touch mode, and is easier to use, and works if rdp session is fullscreen as well.

MS have brought out a uwp version of its remote desktop, and I was pleasantly surprised - it has introduced the same feature as on the android version i.e. you can select mouse or touch mode inside rdp session.

This makes remoting to remote pcs/vms so much easier from a tablet.

Unlike win32 version you cannot set a default windows size. It is either fullscreen, or a full sized window with tablet taskbar at bottom, and app heading bar, but you can minimise it like any window.

Overall this is a rare case of a uwp app being superior (mostly) to its win32 counterpart.

cereberus, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Fullscreen UWP apps screen glitching in tent/tablet mode after waking up from sleep

1. Fullscreen UWP apps screen glitching in tent/tablet mode after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Fullscreen UWP apps

2. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  3. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Graphical GLITCH after waking up from sleep. Independent of App.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical GLITCH after waking up from sleep. Independent of App.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Holokauston [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iovxs9/graphical_glitch_after_waking_up_from_sleep/
  6. Graphical GLITCH after waking up from sleep. Independent of App.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical GLITCH after waking up from sleep. Independent of App.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Holokauston [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iovxs9/graphical_glitch_after_waking_up_from_sleep/
  7. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  8. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...