Windows 10: Functionality of additional desktops

Discus and support Functionality of additional desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; WhatCan You Do With Another Desktop In Windows 10? What's The AdvantageOf Having It? Thanks! 62859 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thefonebug, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Functionality of additional desktops

WhatCan You Do With Another Desktop In Windows 10?

What's The AdvantageOf Having It?

Thanks!

:)

thefonebug, Sep 6, 2016
  2. RoyG906 Win User

Desktop blinking after Windows 10 upgrade

My desktop does not have any functionality which does not allow me to utilize your instructions. Do you have any additional suggestions that would all me to access the Restart command?

RoyG906, Sep 6, 2016
  3. OssieMac Win User
    Additional icons appeared on Desktop

Windows 10.

Suddenly 3 additional icons have appeared on my desktop as per the screen capture below. Scanning with McAfee does not indicate any problem with these files.

Functionality of additional desktops [​IMG]

What are they and can they be deleted from the desktop?

Contents of the top .ini file as follows when viewed in Notebook.

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799

Contents of the middle .ini file as follows. (Cyberlink info probably associated with Cyberlink UPS)

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

[LocalizedFileNames]

Solitaire.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\gameux.dll,-10060

CyberLink PowerDVD 9.5.lnk=@C:\PROGRA~2\CYBERL~1\POWERD~1\Language\CLMUI\PDVDEN~1.DLL,-510

Unable to view the contents of the bottom file (.db file).

OssieMac, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Functionality of additional desktops

Hello thefonebug, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity, entertainment, or whatever you choose. This makes multitasking and organizing your opened apps much easier.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 - The Power of Windows...Multiplied | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Sep 6, 2016
  5. So when I first open a second desktop it looks exactly like my existing desktop. Do I just begin to add and delete items on the second desktop to customize it? This will not effect the original desktop/

thefonebug, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. You can open and move opened windows to either of your desktops, and switch between your desktops.

Icons on your desktop will be on all the desktops.

Brink, Sep 6, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    You can add programs that you want to let run in the background such as music without them taking up space on the desktop you're working on.

swarfega, Sep 6, 2016
  8. LMiller7 Win User

Windows 10 was designed for a broad user base and some individual features like multiple desktops are not for everybody. Some people have no use for them while others don't know how they managed without them.

LMiller7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Functionality of additional desktops - Similar Threads - Functionality additional desktops

2. Desktop folders Move function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop folders Move function: Clicking in the title bar of any folder on the desktop shows a list of functions - Restore, Move, Size, Minimize etc. When I right click on the title bar and select Move, the Move icon appears but it's not clear what to then do with it to actually make the folder move....
  3. Additional user accounts

Additional user accounts: Hi, I have just bought a Surface Studio & have set up accounts for my wife & daughter. There is an account called eatipdyne that I know nothing about that keeps re-appearing. I have removed it but it just keeps coming back. Any explanations or help please? [IMG]...
  4. Additional Virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional Virtual desktops: I cannot activate any additional virtual desktop. Laptop was bought about 2 months back. ASUS, with intel core i5 8th gen processor, 8 GB RAM. When I activate task view symbol at bottom left of the screen, no additional desktop is seen anywhere on the screen. Is there any...
  5. Cannot open additional virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open additional virtual desktops: OS Windows 10 - I cannot enable a new virtual desktop. After opening windows, when I click on taskview, the existing file is is seen as a preview (small size) along with any other files opened earlier. But there is no dialogue like ‘add new desktop’ either at right hand...
  6. Additional accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Additional accounts: I use a pin to open my new laptop running on Windows 10. When I try to add an additional account, I'm asked if family or other, and what their email etc, is. How to I open a 'guest' account without having to supply such information?...
  7. Unauthorized addition of language

Unauthorized addition of language: Every day several times the Russian language is added to the layout, but there is no language in the menu. It's already tired.[ATTACH]...
  8. Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop: I've tried repairing the app, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, with no result. Here's what it looks like -- just a white blank where all the info should appear....
  9. Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality

Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality: I would like to select which pictures from a theme I would like to use for my background. To be more specific, I want to disable a few pictures. This used to be possible in Win 7/Win 8.1 by going to the Theme settings (in win 10: Personalize/Themes/Theme Settings), and...
  10. HP Printer Functions on New Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Functions on New Desktop: New Windows 10 desktop and old HP OfficeJet 8600 I already connected them wirelessly and it prints. I need to add the other functions that I used on old Windows 7 computer - scan, OCR... I see the driver Download on the HP site. Do I just set a restore point, download...