Windows 10: Functionality of additional desktops

Discus and support Functionality of additional desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; WhatCan You Do With Another Desktop In Windows 10? What's The AdvantageOf Having It? Thanks! 62859 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thefonebug, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Functionality of additional desktops

WhatCan You Do With Another Desktop In Windows 10?

What's The AdvantageOf Having It?

Thanks!

:)

thefonebug, Sep 6, 2016
  2. RoyG906 Win User

Desktop blinking after Windows 10 upgrade

My desktop does not have any functionality which does not allow me to utilize your instructions. Do you have any additional suggestions that would all me to access the Restart command?

RoyG906, Sep 6, 2016
  3. OssieMac Win User
    Additional icons appeared on Desktop

Windows 10.

Suddenly 3 additional icons have appeared on my desktop as per the screen capture below. Scanning with McAfee does not indicate any problem with these files.

Functionality of additional desktops [​IMG]

What are they and can they be deleted from the desktop?

Contents of the top .ini file as follows when viewed in Notebook.

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799

Contents of the middle .ini file as follows. (Cyberlink info probably associated with Cyberlink UPS)

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

[LocalizedFileNames]

Solitaire.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\gameux.dll,-10060

CyberLink PowerDVD 9.5.lnk=@C:\PROGRA~2\CYBERL~1\POWERD~1\Language\CLMUI\PDVDEN~1.DLL,-510

Unable to view the contents of the bottom file (.db file).

OssieMac, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Functionality of additional desktops

Hello thefonebug, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity, entertainment, or whatever you choose. This makes multitasking and organizing your opened apps much easier.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 - The Power of Windows...Multiplied | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Sep 6, 2016
  5. So when I first open a second desktop it looks exactly like my existing desktop. Do I just begin to add and delete items on the second desktop to customize it? This will not effect the original desktop/

thefonebug, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. You can open and move opened windows to either of your desktops, and switch between your desktops.

Icons on your desktop will be on all the desktops.

Brink, Sep 6, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    You can add programs that you want to let run in the background such as music without them taking up space on the desktop you're working on.

swarfega, Sep 6, 2016
  8. LMiller7 Win User

Windows 10 was designed for a broad user base and some individual features like multiple desktops are not for everybody. Some people have no use for them while others don't know how they managed without them.

LMiller7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Functionality of additional desktops - Similar Threads - Functionality additional desktops

2. Desktop functioning spotlight!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop functioning spotlight!: e45 minute screen saver and sleep function with Guest log in ability. Bus3Offdevicemanager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-functioning-spotlight/b490d0c8-105b-420d-a528-c9b7ec73e3ba
  3. Desktop functioning spotlight!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop functioning spotlight!: e45 minute screen saver and sleep function with Guest log in ability. Bus3Offdevicemanager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-functioning-spotlight/b490d0c8-105b-420d-a528-c9b7ec73e3ba
  4. Desktop: no icons, no functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop: no icons, no functions: Hello!I have been searching for several hours now, trying to figure this out and I am not sure what my options are. I have an hp all-in-one desktop, about two years old, and it's running Windows 10. About a week ago, I noticed Windows update waiting to be performed. I think...
  5. Desktop: no icons, no functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop: no icons, no functions: Hello!I have been searching for several hours now, trying to figure this out and I am not sure what my options are. I have an hp all-in-one desktop, about two years old, and it's running Windows 10. About a week ago, I noticed Windows update waiting to be performed. I think...
  6. Desktop file addition

Desktop file addition: Overnight I have suddenly many files on my desktop. Many are from Symantek Norton and others are dll files which I understand are related to the hard drive of my laptop. How can I remove or delete them?...
  7. Task View Additional desktops are duplicates

Task View Additional desktops are duplicates: In task view when I add a desktop it just duplicates my original desktop. If I add or delete from one desktop it does the same thing on the other desktop. This defeated the entire purpose of having multiple desktops. Any help is appreciated....
  8. Peek at desktop functionality

Peek at desktop functionality: I can't use peek at desktop unless I'm using a maximized window. I used to be able to peek at the desktop with multiple windows open, but this is no longer the case. The button doesn't even show up when I have side to side windows. Is there a way to bring back the old...
  9. Additional Virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional Virtual desktops: I cannot activate any additional virtual desktop. Laptop was bought about 2 months back. ASUS, with intel core i5 8th gen processor, 8 GB RAM. When I activate task view symbol at bottom left of the screen, no additional desktop is seen anywhere on the screen. Is there any...
  10. Cannot open additional virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open additional virtual desktops: OS Windows 10 - I cannot enable a new virtual desktop. After opening windows, when I click on taskview, the existing file is is seen as a preview (small size) along with any other files opened earlier. But there is no dialogue like ‘add new desktop’ either at right hand...