Windows 10: Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by edblocked, Jul 13, 2018.

1. edblocked Win User

Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

How to: Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

How to Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18963, Microsoft added GPU temperature monitoring support in Task Manager. If you have a dedicated GPU card, you will now have the current temperature next to its listing in the Performance Tab.

Notes:
    • Showing the GPU temperature in Task Manager is currently only supported if you have a dedicated GPU card.
    • You may need an updated graphics driver to see the temperature. Specifically one which supports version 2.4 (or higher) of WDDM is required. To check which version your PC has, press WIN+R and enter dxdiag. Under the Display tab, it will say your WDDM version next to Driver Model.
    • Currently the temperature value is only supported in Celsius.
    This tutorial will show you how to monitor the current GPU temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape)

2. Click/tap on the Performance tab. (see screenshots below)

3. You will see the current GPU temperature next to its listing in the left pane. You can also click/tap on the GPU # you want in the left pane to see its current temperature and more details in the right pane.

Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

edblocked, Jul 13, 2018
  2. EdTittel Win User

Just tried your info, and although my GTX1070 supports WDM 2.6, I see no temps in Task Manager. I can, however, see temps in tools such as HWiNFO, SIW, and so forth. Any suggestions as to how to investigate further and/or repair this deficiency? Thanks!
    --Ed--

For example, here's the Sensors output on the GPU from SIW Home:

EdTittel, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Dude Win User

Same here Ed, I dont get the Temp

4. Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

nah, probably not ... as much as i find Win 10 task manager good .... for monitoring i rely on other software ...

aka: CPU-Z/HWFiNFO64/OpenHardware Monitor and BIOS reading are always more accurate than the TM in Win 10 *Stick Out Tongue Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 :p so will be GPU-Z (also probably the memory footprint .... )

yep i get it ... you were joking no worries *Stick Out Tongue Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 :p

GreiverBlade, Oct 27, 2019
  5. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

same here, I don't think they will put all that information in task manager. It would be a pretty biog change that would need a lot of work to do.

Liviu Cojocaru, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Monitor GPU Temperature

2. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  3. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  4. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task Manager GPU Monitoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager GPU Monitoring: My Integrated and Dedicated GPU not Show in Task Manager Performance Tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-gpu-monitoring/d74e199b-ba7d-4a94-a4f6-c86febd16a61
  7. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  8. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  9. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager: Microsoft extended the functionality of the Task Manager in the Windows 10 operating system. Not all features that Microsoft introduced are great. The rather useless basic mode that reveals virtually no information at all needs to be mentioned in this regard. A click on...