Windows 10: Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10

Discus and support Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft updates the Game Bar app to version 3.29.11001.0 in Windows 10 by renaming it to Xbox Game Bar with a new home screen. When the app opens, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM.

1. Brink Win User

Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10

Microsoft updates the Game Bar app to version 3.29.11001.0 in Windows 10 by renaming it to Xbox Game Bar with a new home screen.

When the app opens, a new animated welcome screen appears showing the Win + G keys that follow a graphical representation of the potential and descriptions of features of the new Xbox Game Bar.

(Click on image for full screen)

Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off the Game Bar in Windows 10

:)

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

3. Ramhound Win User
    Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

4. Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10

Xbox game bar keeps updating

Has anyone had this? On one pc the Xbox game bar keeps getting listed as an update in the store app, I always have automatically update apps turned off, preferring to check and install updates manually. Last few days I often open store app and see a ‘1’ in the top corner and it’s invariably Xbox game bar. I click to update it and it does its thing in a jiffy. Then I’ll do a manual check for app updates. It will say everything is up to date. But then it’ll be back usually the following day! The reliability history never shows it listed as a successful update or unsuccessful. The app actually updated officially I think sometime last week. So it’s like a phantom update that keeps happening periodically over and over! Launching a game like solitaire wakes the bar up to confirm its working ok

But this is a weird quirk in 1803. We don’t have it happen on our other machine but instead have a similar quirk with another app ‘mobile plans’ (not that we use it ever).

Thema:

Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10

1. Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Game Bar app

2. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10. Since it is a 64-bit laptop with 4 gigabytes of ram it won’t hold a lot, and when I try to record my screen with the Game Bar it displays a message saying “Can’t save your recording. Make sure your captures...
  3. Game Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game Bar: I am not a gamer and so I have no need for Game Bar... but I can't figure out how to get rid of Game Bar from the start menu... I did a search, but none of the links seem to get rid of it....
  4. gaming bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming bar: I looked for a lot of sollutions to use the game bar. i update my windows 10 to the latest version. i installed (i think the right one) media feature packet 10 times or so. i tried another few things. but the gaming tab on my settings still isnt there. can someone pls explain...
  5. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.: Alright, I give up! Ever since 1803, a Windows App store app "Xbox Game bar" requests an update. This was the only "Game Bar" so I assumed it was the Game Bar that allowed me to record games. Great. It just didn't update (it always got a "Something unexpected happened" prompt...
  6. game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game bar: I am not able to access the game mode option ….if I go to settings in game mode tab there no option to on or off the game mode but in the help menu its saying u have to on the game option there...what should I do...
  7. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox game bar not opening: I removed a few apps to speed up my computer, and found out that without Xbox game bar it has problems. I did try also reinstalling Xbox after removing it, but did not help. I searched the Windows store and used Google search, but could not find the game bar app standalone....
  8. Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar: So I've been using the record that feature on the game bar for quite some time now. I use it to record good clips for my youtube channel. I just today I hit a clip today and I pressed record that on the game bar and later when I went back to look at it showed a still image...
  9. Xbox game bar keeps updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar keeps updating: Has anyone had this? On one pc the Xbox game bar keeps getting listed as an update in the store app, I always have automatically update apps turned off, preferring to check and install updates manually. Last few days I often open store app and see a ‘1’ in the top corner and...
  10. Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar?: my game bar works fine in RTM but running 14986 i get the hardware not supported error anyone know away to fix this? i did a google search and aparently game bar isnt supported for intel hd 3000 gpu i just dont get why it worked in 1493? 74309