Windows 10: Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't really say for sure if it's the creators update cause I started playing the game 2 days before the CU and for that time I got no problems but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Needhelpwithwin, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

I can't really say for sure if it's the creators update cause I started playing the game 2 days before the CU and for that time I got no problems but after CU I started to notice problems with Dragon Dogma on Steam *Sad

What makes me crazy is that even when I make the game run in potato mode (all video options on minimum) I still get stutters! Why this is even happening?

It does not matter the graphics settings cause all PC parts are running OK! It's not like the CPU or GPU are getting a lot of stress and super hot or anything! My PC is perfect and there is no slowdowns no high CPU usage like some ppl complain it's just everything normal!

It's not a fixed thing it varies and sometimes I think it's all OK but then all of sudden I lose frames the graph I use to measure FPS goes red like I got a huge spike and then it stutters. Looks like there is something unknown to me that sometimes decides to make the game stutter for no reason.

An example in Gran Soren (game huge city) is stand still next to the Inn looking to the castle entrance. FPS is OK looking at the entrance but as I rotate the camera with the controller to look to the other way where there is the fountain it stutters and I lose some frames! It's like the game is loading a huge beautiful world my PC can't handle in a simple PS3 game port! Walking at Gran Soren sometimes makes the graph I'm using to see the FPS go up and down like crazy I guess this is not normal and it makes me sad *Sad

Tried the newest NVIDIA driver and nothing. Tried some old drivers and when I was thinking I got it it started to lose frames and stutter again!

Tried Display Driver Uninstaller DDU and I still got problems.

Tried Disable Fullscreen optimisation and guess what? nothing! Tried some other things like disable vsync and play in bordless fullscreen still nada.

It's very annoying and it's making me mad cause the time I could be playing I'm doing this tests!!!! Don't even know if it's the game, me, Windows 10 or NVIDIA drivers and no one is helping me on Steam.

I really need some directions cause I suck at this things. Is this my Samsung TV messing stuff only in this particular game? Is there any program or mod that can fix my problem? Please help me *Sad

Here is my PC specs:

Motherboard:
    Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    RAM:
    8GB
    Windows 10 (64 bit)

:)

Needhelpwithwin, Apr 27, 2017
  2. JihunKang Win User
    JihunKang, Apr 27, 2017
  3. PewP3r Win User
    PewP3r, Apr 27, 2017
  4. Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

TairikuOkami, Apr 28, 2017
  5. Thanks man but sadly I already did everything in this guides.

Disable Fullscreen Optimization did not change a thing. And the first thing I did was disable game mode for not trusting it *Smile I even enabled the game bar for a moment to see if all my games were not checked to use game mode in the in-game menu and then disabled all of it again!

Problem is that I would need someone with the same hardware as me to test the game after creators update and see if it stutters. A guy on Steam will do some tests but I don't know what hardware he is using.

Maybe it's not Win10 but still it's a pain that Windows now have this bad rep that updates will mess things so it's pretty annoying. When I used Win7 I never had this suspicions and I would always update without fears and my games would work perfectly with very old drivers.

Needhelpwithwin, Apr 28, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Apr 28, 2017
  7. Thanks again for the tips but I'm too scared to try this things!

I even make system images with AOMEI but I never really restored them so I would like to stay that way for now *Smile

Taking a look at that file makes me think its changing things way too much! Can't I just change a option or two in some Win10 configurations and fix my problem? My problem is annoying but I will try to live with it for now. Maybe another Win10 update will solve it or a driver update?

It's sad since I got a new PC to avoid bad performance and this game acts like I'm playing a new game in a old hardware but still it's only this game sooo I don't want to suffer too much because of it.

Needhelpwithwin, Apr 29, 2017
  8. Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

My friend recently had issues after installing the CU on his Alienware. Then he got a 1TB SSD and cloned the OS from the HDD to the SSD. Afterwards most of his games ran at 10 to 20 FPS, this was resolved by manually updating the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel. He said everything works fine now. His hardware is more than capable of 60FPS and maxxed settings on most of the newest games, so hardware wasn't the issue. He has the same NVIDIA card as OP, roughly equivalent CPU, 16GB RAM, and 1TB Western Digital SSD and 1TB internal HDD. It's a laptop.

AnonVendetta, May 1, 2017
  9. Sorry not that good in english! So what helped your friend? the SSD and change the setting on NVIDIA control panel?

Well I really don't think a SSD would fix the problem since for what I understand it can only speed up loading times but I can be wrong since I'm no pro *Smile

My NVIDIA settings for the game in question are all default and I also tried a bunch of other settings ppl were saying it would help as I searched for my problem on Google. In the end I even tried DDU for clean everything and did a clean install so I guess in my case is not the settings *Sad

There is this fix TairikuOkami posted but I'm too much of a pu*** to do it. I think It's worth a wait since a lot of ppl are having worst problems:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1004600/geforce-drivers/all-games-stuttering-with-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/2/

Also this guy had the exact problem as me so he decided to play with a integrated card *Smile

Dragon's Dogma running better on integrated graphics. : lowendgaming

I hope that either Microsoft or NVIDIA can fix the problem in future updates if it's something that is not my fault of course. If they messed something and they do not fix it it's pretty sad *Sad

Needhelpwithwin, May 1, 2017
  10. BurnoutZ Win User
    There are many getting this issue now, and it seems to fall on microsoft's updates. Mine is doing this and I do not have the creator update. For me, this seems to have started with update kb4013418, which microsoft does not allow to be uninstalled. There have been many other documented issues with this update.

Video playback on things like youtube and netflix work, but games are having trouble with no changes to anything on my end. Since this began, I have tried many options like disable game mode and dvr. I have tried using many older drivers(yes, while completely removing previous driver attempts) and have tried different hard drives to load these games and two different graphics cards(both nvidia). Despite these changes, the result was the same.

BurnoutZ, May 20, 2017
  11. make sure that all your cpu cores are running..

type msconfig in the run box
    under the Boot tab click on Advanced options
    you'll find the option you need for checking core usage - also tick the box over "Memory"

BugMeister, May 22, 2017
  12. They are all running cause I used some core parking program I forgot the name now but I could see all my cores running and I even played using the special profile this program has for maximum performance and nothing changed!

I'm starting to think it's more of a game specific problem since I saw some ppl saying that i7 hyper threading messes this old games that use DX9 and there is nothing you can do about it *Sad

Pretty sure what I'm about to say is stupid but isn't there a way to make the game think all my 4 real cores are only 1 making it a big core? Think of it as some kind of emulation! I don't know!

Needhelpwithwin, May 23, 2017
  13. Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

- have you tried switching to just one single core, via msconfig?

BugMeister, May 23, 2017
  14. I did it by setting affinity to only the first one in task manager since I was afraid to do it at start up on msconfig after I saw this:

Guy changed to one core and his PC could not start.

But I guess in the end change affinity it's the same thing right? Guess I can't really blame hyper threading. Maybe devs for not make Dragon Dogma a "new" game compatible with my CPU? I was thinking this was the same problem lot's of ppl are having after Creators Update but my PC is OK and it's just Dragon Dogma so it must be game specific!

This game sometimes do huge usage spikes in the cores so I guess it's some kind of weird bottlenecking cause the game use a old DX9 engine and Win10 does not care about old stuff *Smile

Strange thing is when I see reviews using i7 for testing the game usually get praises for being a good port and no one complains about stutters! Maybe they were paid to do a good review or their fancy gsync monitors can fix this stutters hahaha

Let me ask here since I might be speaking nonsense but could a gsync monitor fix my problem?

Guess I got my answer *Smile

Needhelpwithwin, May 24, 2017
  15. Archie123 Win User
    Open search , type in game mode , turn it off

Archie123, May 26, 2017
Thema:

Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

1. Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Game stuttering FPS

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Getting stutters rarely in game with no fps drops

Getting stutters rarely in game with no fps drops: im playing some games and it supper smooth but valorant will randomly stutter but I have no frame drops it happens rarely but still annoying...
  5. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  6. Fps drops and stutters

Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  7. FPS drop and stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drop and stutter: Dell G7 7588 Windows 10 Version: 1909 OS Build: 1836.1316 BIOS: 1.14.0 Processor: i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 12 CPU GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design, 8GB RAM: 16GB Problem: FPS drops and stuttering when playing Overwatch I haven't played Overwatch for 3 months+,...
  8. FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS: Eveytime when i play a game my fps drops and stutters of lot.And i don't know how to fix it.And i was using my pc for 2 months.Could you help me fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-drops-and-stutters/1b0a26e1-f4aa-4258-8042-c564217d0973
  9. Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft has pushed hard for Gaming on Windows 10 PCs. Every update has got something for gamers, but it’s not without hiccups and issues around gaming. One of the major problems reported by users is Game Stuttering with FPS drops for [...] This post Fix Game...
  10. Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.: what do you use to stream? shadowplay? if so.. turn it off and see how your game runs.