Windows 10: Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903

Discus and support Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to play State of Decay 2 (SoD2) but the game won't load just crashed at the logo. In the event viewer it says twinapi.appcore.dll (version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AngahLobo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. AngahLobo Win User

Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903

I was trying to play State of Decay 2 (SoD2) but the game won't load just crashed at the logo. In the event viewer it says twinapi.appcore.dll (version 10.0.18362.1) was the cause of it. When I loaded it with older version (10.0.17134.137 and it causes my PC rendered unstable while still in build 1903 of Windows 10), it shows a different file crash, kernelbase.dll (version 10.0.18362.134).

But I can't replace the file like I did with twinapi.appcore.dll since a lot of string applications/windows system is/are using it.

In my haste to correct this, i rebooted my PC and windows won't start (incompatible version of twinapi.appcore.dll).

Just to reboot my PC, I used Windows XP PE (Pre-install Environment) and replaced the twinapi.appcore.dll with the correct version.

As you know, the SoD2 crashes report is back to twinapi.appcore.dll.

Please help me... I really love this game and I've played SoD 1 with all it's expansions.

:)

AngahLobo, Jul 10, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 10, 2019
  3. 1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions.
    So I figured I'd just do the fresh install. This is where my problems begin. Since doing this fresh install I've noticed increased instability with Windows 10 on my PC. Causing the spinning circle freeze to happen (mostly notably with chrome which worked fine
    before the update).

Attempts to use task manager completely deadlocks the PC resulting in needing to shutting down the PC. Really at a lost right now.

Steps I've taken so far:

1. Fresh install of Windows 10
    2. Checked all drivers with MSI making sure they were up to date (Refused to install the AMD raid drivers though. Said ineligible or nothing compatible when I brought up the installation)
    3. Check System File integrity through sfc /scannow (no problems)
    4. Checked my memory through Windows Memory diagnostics (no issues)
    5. Check for viruses and malware on PC (came up clean)
    6. CPU temps look fine (recently installed Kraken X62 and still staying below 60c under load with 80f room temp)
    7. My Ryzen 2600X also had it's overclock removed since updating BIOS only the default boosting is on
    8. Checked my SSD firmware and that's up to date
    9. Windows 10 1903 build completely up to date
    Any advice would be welcomed please.

Hippeus Omega, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903

1. Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903 - Similar Threads - Gaming Issues updating

2. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update: Hi All, I am currently using Windows 10 version 1803 on my desktop PC. I have tried updating to versions 1809, 1903 and 1909. During the update process the computer restarts (which I know is normal and expected), however it just shuts down instead of restarting. When I...
  3. Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362: After restart the Network icon changed to a globe, it said I didn't have Internet access but I did. Normally my networks SSID displays, but that no longer does. Some .NET Framework 3.5 4.8 cumulative updates came up so I applied them, after the restart, the original...
  4. Windows 10 issue when updating from build 1803 to build 1903

Windows 10 issue when updating from build 1803 to build 1903: Ok so this is the second time this has happened where the Windows 10 build 1903 file downloads. The system restarts & starts the update process which pretty much takes +-4 hours to complete. Once the update process has finished, (can't remember if windows started again after...
  5. Updating Windows 10 Build to 1903

Updating Windows 10 Build to 1903: I'm trying to update some of my devices that currently have a Windows 10 Build to version 1903. Is there a way to get to the latest build without an internet connection, IE not going through Windows Update?...
  6. Windows 10 Update build 1903

Windows 10 Update build 1903: USB External Hard Disk was used for extra space while updating Windows 10 Build 1903. After about 2 hours of access during update after download, the screen shows Error - "Please insert the external storage media and press OK". The USB Disk is not being accessed nor its Power...
  7. Problems after updating to Build 1903

Problems after updating to Build 1903: I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin....
  8. Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.

Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.: As the subject line says, I've tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice. The first time was on Wednesday, June 12. I downloaded the update, then rebooted to install the update, then had to wait for about 10 minutes on a "Preparing Windows" screen and then ended up...
  9. Windows 10 1903 build update

Windows 10 1903 build update: After i installed the update (1903) and only after a second restart cause of the slowness of my pc, that i thought was due to the big update ( took 1,5 hours to install itself on my pc) , the entire start menu crushes.I can still search in the new search bar for "settings"...
  10. Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.

Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.: Hi, I have a computer running Win10 x64 (1809) just fine. It is an old machine and I needed to manually select the driver for the GPU (Radeon HD 5750) since the driver automatically selected by Windows didn't work so well... But again, everything runs smoothly on 1809....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC games stuttering after Windows update version 1903

2. gameswill not load after widows 10 build 1903 installed

3. windows build 1903 game issue

4. windows build 1903 gaming problems