Windows 10: Garbage

Discus and support Garbage in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Nothing to add here other than to say that, on balance, my experience with a brand new Windows PC and Windows 10 has been garbage. Customer support and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adddddddddddddddafweaferf, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Garbage

Nothing to add here other than to say that, on balance, my experience with a brand new Windows PC and Windows 10 has been garbage. Customer support and troubleshooting is total, irredeemable garbage. I keep getting black screen on Chrome and Discord app startup. Other weird little snags include, sudden changes to my input language settings. This UAC prompt is nothing short of a troll. This is not to mention the other large teething problems and snags I have had to already rectify.

I migrated over from Mac because there are certain programmes I need to run that are not available on Mac.

The worst though is the support and troubleshooting. Atrocious. Without fail, every response from a Windows ... fan ?... enthusiast ? i.e. ostensibly not a trained, qualified, knowledgeable support agent has just been plain wrong and horribly convoluted "oh, my elaborate mad suggestion didn't work? ok wipe and reboot your system." Face meet palm. Just literally everything is wrong--every thread I read is either left not resolved or resolved by the original author's trial and error or another intervening customer.

Apple had me so spoiled with just excellent customer support. Comparably, Windows is garbage.

Am I going to reach out to Windows for any of my specific problems... literally not until it is impossible to run my system with the issues. I would rather claw out my eyes.

:)

Adddddddddddddddafweaferf, Apr 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

Garbage [​IMG]

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum

dalchina, Apr 12, 2020
  3. quickie Win User
    Radeon 9800 Pro Screen Garbage

check the HSF on the video card. Make sure that the fan is running and that the heatsink is making proper contact with the gpu.

edit: what do you mean the card always displayed garbage? since the day you bought it? have you already flashed the gpu bios?
    also, there is a list of BIOSes here http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

quickie, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Garbage

Radeon 9800 Pro Screen Garbage

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 MBs RAM.

Biostar M7NCG motherboard (NForce 2 chipset, DDR up to 333 MHz, AGP 8x).

Screen garbage, character corruption immediately upon boot; sometimes plain, coloured after the card has warmed up.

Initially the card would display garbage always, however, applying all the BIOS settings recommended, it now wouldn't display garbage when booting cold.

BIOS settings:

AGP 8x off.
    AGP fast writes off.
    RAM CAS latency set manually to 3.
    AGP voltage raised manually to 1.6 (garbage always if the voltage stayed at BIOS default of 1.5).
    AGP aperture of 128 MBs.

AGP shares an IRQ with the USB controller (any way to dislodge it from there, BTW?).

Any suggestions? Is there a stable BIOS revision perhaps?

Seidhepriest, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Garbage

1. Garbage - Similar Threads - Garbage

2. How do I remove the garbage off the bottom of my lock screen - windoze 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the garbage off the bottom of my lock screen - windoze 11: I get news, weather and sports on my login screen in tiles on the bottom of my screen. I did not ask for this, but Microsoft decided I did.I went to personalizations and assured that the bx]ox Get "Fun" facts, tips, yada yada is unchecked. And yet there they are.Now there is...
  3. How do I remove the garbage off the bottom of my lock screen - windoze 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the garbage off the bottom of my lock screen - windoze 11: I get news, weather and sports on my login screen in tiles on the bottom of my screen. I did not ask for this, but Microsoft decided I did.I went to personalizations and assured that the bx]ox Get "Fun" facts, tips, yada yada is unchecked. And yet there they are.Now there is...
  4. Why is this AI garbage on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this AI garbage on my desktop?: I wasn't given any notification about the latest update, nor was I given an option to opt out of this feature....but there it is.I DO NOT want any sort of AI program on my computer, how do I completely remove it? I don't want it disabled, I don't want it turned off in the...
  5. Why is this AI garbage on my desktop?

Why is this AI garbage on my desktop?: I wasn't given any notification about the latest update, nor was I given an option to opt out of this feature....but there it is.I DO NOT want any sort of AI program on my computer, how do I completely remove it? I don't want it disabled, I don't want it turned off in the...
  6. Why is this AI garbage on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage: So i recently switched to windows 10 via the windows 10 download on the Microsoft website I started on windows 11 when i got my pc I switched because windows 11 felt too weird for me When i switched i noticed the lack in performance i didn’t have in windows 11 suddenly my...
  8. Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage

Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage: So i recently switched to windows 10 via the windows 10 download on the Microsoft website I started on windows 11 when i got my pc I switched because windows 11 felt too weird for me When i switched i noticed the lack in performance i didn’t have in windows 11 suddenly my...
  9. How do I get rid of the garbage apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the garbage apps?: How do i uninstall the garbage Microsoft is forcing us to use? Copilot dev **** apps taht isn't needed buy everyday consumers? We as consumers purchased this system. What right does Microsoft have to force new features we dont want or use without an uninstall option?...
  10. How do I get rid of the garbage apps?

How do I get rid of the garbage apps?: How do i uninstall the garbage Microsoft is forcing us to use? Copilot dev **** apps taht isn't needed buy everyday consumers? We as consumers purchased this system. What right does Microsoft have to force new features we dont want or use without an uninstall option?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is garbage

2. windows 10 is garbage