Windows 10: Get Cortana back on

Discus and support Get Cortana back on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am signed into Windows 10 with a local account. When asked if I wanted to use Cortana, i stated no thanks. [img] How do I get it back? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windowsfree, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Get Cortana back on

I am signed into Windows 10 with a local account. When asked if I wanted to use Cortana, i stated no thanks.

Get Cortana back on [​IMG]

How do I get it back?

I want to use it with my local account using the following instructions.

I hope someone can assist. I have be using a search engine trying to find the answer, but I cannot get Cortana turned back on.

Thank you.

:)

Windowsfree, Feb 12, 2018

2. How do I get Foursquare back on Cortana

Hi

just upping this hopefully someone is able to help!

Thanks in advance

SofiaWilts, Feb 12, 2018
  3. How do I get Foursquare back on Cortana

Hi everyone

I've got the Lumia 735 recently and to start with Cortana was offering to recommend places to eat using Foursquare. I never said yes to that but now it want it to give me recommendations it doesn't search with Foursquare. I have got the app now but would
    like to get Foursquare back on as the search engine for places to eat through Cortana

Any ideas how to get this back? I'm in the UK.

SofiaWilts, Feb 12, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get Cortana back on

Hello Bob, *Smile

You can use Cortana as is, but you would need to sign in to Cortana with your Microsoft account to use Cortana's personalization. You will still sign in to Windows 10 with your local account though. Signing in to Cortana with your Microsoft account doesn't switch your account used to sign in to Windows.

*Arrow Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 help Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  5. I don't have the Cortana icon in my search window

I appreciate the quick response and am not sure if I am missing something.

Thank you

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  7. Thank you for the suggestions. I have tried both. I rebooted after attempting each one and all i have his Windows search, no Cortana at all. I don't want to reinstall as this is on a dual boot configuration and I finally have the desktop the way I want it. I also have a few programs installed that I really don't want to go through with re-install if I would reset the computer.

Again, thanks for the quick responses.

8. Get Cortana back on

Reinstall Cortana using the following procedure:

1. Open an elevated PowerShell window, press Win + X keys to open PowerShell.

2. Execute following commands one at time.

Code: Get-Process SearchUI | Stop-Process –Force Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote]

3. Restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Feb 12, 2018
  9. tried running this commands twice....... rebooted each time. No change.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  11. I reset windows, had trouble getting my start menu config back from backup. I am doing it manually now. Thank you everyone who replied.

Windowsfree, Feb 13, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Get Cortana back on

1. Get Cortana back on - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  7. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  8. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  9. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  10. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get cortana back

2. tell me how to get contana back

3. how to get cortina back

4. get cortana back,
  5. how to get coranta back,
  6. how i get cortana back