Windows 10: Get Cortana back on

Discus and support Get Cortana back on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am signed into Windows 10 with a local account. When asked if I wanted to use Cortana, i stated no thanks. [img] How do I get it back? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windowsfree, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Get Cortana back on

I am signed into Windows 10 with a local account. When asked if I wanted to use Cortana, i stated no thanks.

Get Cortana back on [​IMG]

How do I get it back?

I want to use it with my local account using the following instructions.

I hope someone can assist. I have be using a search engine trying to find the answer, but I cannot get Cortana turned back on.

Thank you.

:)

Windowsfree, Feb 12, 2018

2. How do I get Foursquare back on Cortana

Hi

just upping this hopefully someone is able to help!

Thanks in advance

SofiaWilts, Feb 12, 2018
  3. How do I get Foursquare back on Cortana

Hi everyone

I've got the Lumia 735 recently and to start with Cortana was offering to recommend places to eat using Foursquare. I never said yes to that but now it want it to give me recommendations it doesn't search with Foursquare. I have got the app now but would
    like to get Foursquare back on as the search engine for places to eat through Cortana

Any ideas how to get this back? I'm in the UK.

SofiaWilts, Feb 12, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get Cortana back on

Hello Bob, *Smile

You can use Cortana as is, but you would need to sign in to Cortana with your Microsoft account to use Cortana's personalization. You will still sign in to Windows 10 with your local account though. Signing in to Cortana with your Microsoft account doesn't switch your account used to sign in to Windows.

*Arrow Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 help Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  5. I don't have the Cortana icon in my search window

I appreciate the quick response and am not sure if I am missing something.

Thank you

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  7. Thank you for the suggestions. I have tried both. I rebooted after attempting each one and all i have his Windows search, no Cortana at all. I don't want to reinstall as this is on a dual boot configuration and I finally have the desktop the way I want it. I also have a few programs installed that I really don't want to go through with re-install if I would reset the computer.

Again, thanks for the quick responses.

8. Get Cortana back on

Reinstall Cortana using the following procedure:

1. Open an elevated PowerShell window, press Win + X keys to open PowerShell.

2. Execute following commands one at time.

Code: Get-Process SearchUI | Stop-Process –Force Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote]

3. Restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Feb 12, 2018
  9. tried running this commands twice....... rebooted each time. No change.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  11. I reset windows, had trouble getting my start menu config back from backup. I am doing it manually now. Thank you everyone who replied.

Windowsfree, Feb 13, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Get Cortana back on

1. Get Cortana back on - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. cortana texting between phone and PC for android

in Cortana
    cortana texting between phone and PC for android: I installed the texting app and cortana on my phone, but can't figure out how to send a text on my PC using cortana. I do not have a search bar when I open cortana on my PC....
  3. Cortana keeps showing my account is suspended yet I can log into Microsoft?

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps showing my account is suspended yet I can log into Microsoft?: I am completely a fish out of water setting up the new HP Notebook I just purchased. Took me 3 days just to try and connect to my Wifi if that's any indication of my lack of tech knowledge. Struggling thru setting up Windows 10 but its a work in progress. When I bring up...
  4. Cortana Missing from PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Missing from PC: Hello! I was looking to set up Cortana and use voice commands on my PC, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not hidden in the taskbar or anything like that. When I look under all apps, it's not even under there. In the Cs I have Calculator and Connect, but no Cortana. I ran a...
  5. Cortana funktioniert unter windows 10 nicht.

in Cortana
    Cortana funktioniert unter windows 10 nicht.: Cortana läuft bei mir unter Windows 10 nicht. Was kann ich tun damit Cortana wieder funktioniert ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-funktioniert-unter-windows-10-nicht/fdf684c4-f353-4ad6-aa22-f4435e24bf43"
  6. Cortana and Search not working.

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not working.: Since I've updated my windows 10 to the November Update. The Cortana and search bar is permanently disabled, it ran only the first time. I reinstalled the newer version, they worked for first time, but again got disabled in the next restart. I tried all possible solutions,...
  7. Cortana can only set a timer once

in Cortana
    Cortana can only set a timer once: When I start with a fresh Cortana process, I can set timers fine. But, if I try to set asecond timer, Cortana usually fails to set a timer, saying that "something is wrong" and that I should "try again later". Trying again later never works. If I force quit Cortana, I can...
  8. Cortana is not working with work account

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working with work account: Hello, I'm writing to ask for a question regarding Cortana Beta v 1.1911.21713.0. I'm not able to add my Work Account; reason: Cortana is not available in your organization. Obviously it was enabled for entire Office 365 organization O365 Admin portal > Settings >...
  9. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  10. Cortana icon

in Cortana
    Cortana icon: i cannot find my cortana and the white round icon .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-icon/0f5dbd7f-778a-4949-bf64-662adb9bdd40"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tell me how to get contana back

2. how to get cortina back

3. get cortana back

4. how to get coranta back,
  5. how i get cortana back