Windows 10: Getting fed up reinstalling this OS

Discus and support Getting fed up reinstalling this OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So in the last 3 days i have probably reinstalled this OS about 7 times. The problem im having is, i am ocd about getting my pc/os to play at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w10newbie, Jun 19, 2016.

1. w10newbie Win User

Getting fed up reinstalling this OS

So in the last 3 days i have probably reinstalled this OS about 7 times.

The problem im having is, i am ocd about getting my pc/os to play at the highest definition it can.

So when i first install the windows 10 os i go and check all the different sites i use to watch movies/tv/music videos and make sure they are playing at full 1080p.

And everytime i install windows 10 and install drivers everything is great! until an update or something ruins it.

When i first install windows 10 i check Netflix for example and it is using 5xxx bitrate and the video is full hd.... then after the pc restarts and updates when i go on netflix it is 1xxxx bitrate...

I have even tried uninstalling all recent updates to see if it helps but nothing works.... but a fresh install.

any ideas what is changing from initial install to no longer being able to stream full 1080p ?

:)

w10newbie, Jun 19, 2016

2. I'm Kinda Fed Up With This OS

I also gave up on 10 update 1709 last week and restarted my old reliable Windows 7 Pro unit with all of it's non MS virus protection and firewall. I was told by MS support that my particular motherboard configuration was not compatible with update 1709
    so I had to turn off the automatic update feature. I guess this means my Windows 10 PC will be stuck on the 1703 release until the end of time? Windows 10 was ok as long as you didn't mind and had the cash to replace your other components like printers and
    scanners that could no longer work with that update. I was just too worried that the next update would obsolete those as well. I am not sure what they are trying to fix with 1709 but it seems the medicine is worse than the illness.

MikeDaniel1, Jun 19, 2016
  3. I'm Kinda Fed Up With This OS

I've encountered a number of problems with the windows 10 update as others have as well and I've really tried to put up with it but I am at my limit.

Aside from the numerous things that decide to just stop working and the fact that my computer is at times slower than the original Internet Explorer, what really did it for me today was the auto updating without my permission. I went away from my computer
    for like an hour and I came back to it updating; which wouldn't be a huge deal if I weren't working on something important before I left and i forgot to save. Also, what if there was an emergency and I needed my computer right now?? I've been sitting here
    for a good 20 minutes and it's still on 15%. Let's not even mention that I'm certain something will be screwed once the update is finished.

Ontop of that it seems that there is no way to complain and the customer service isn't that great. Anyway, my point being as I mentioned: I'm fed up.

Stellaristix, Jun 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Probably the network adapter driver.

NavyLCDR, Jun 19, 2016
  5. w10newbie Win User
    I can confirm Youtube is never affected and it uses html5....

So my guess is its flash or something that is the issue.... i have uninstalled all flash updates since installing windows 10 but it doesnt fix it.... maybe edge itself updates but is hidden from the install history list ?

w10newbie, Jun 19, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I was thinking the same thing but since the poster didn't fill in the System Specs a guess about that may be simple speculation.

Berton, Jun 19, 2016
  7. w10newbie Win User
    would the network driver not also effect youtube videos ? they play 1080p automatically fine on the edge browser... it's just the netflix and any flash based players that suffer from low bitrate now...

w10newbie, Jun 19, 2016
  8. Getting fed up reinstalling this OS

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2016
  9. w10newbie Win User
    im already using edge for the same reason the article explains... i have been using it solely since installing windows 10 as it and ie are the only two browsers that offer 1080p....

the problem isnt that i cant get 1080p on edge... the problem is somethign changes a day or two after installing windows 10 that means i go from being able to get 1080p on windows edge to not being able to get 1080p any longer...

i have tried uninstalling updates to see if the issue is caused by a recent update...
    it cant be the network driver as i can still get full 1080p on youtube...

so the issue lies with flash player or edge itself.

w10newbie, Jun 19, 2016
  10. w10newbie Win User
    i have also just checked the windows 10 netflix app and it can play 1080p....

So the issue is with Windows Edge... so what has changed from the OS installation to now ?

w10newbie, Jun 19, 2016
  11. You should probably send Feedback to Microsoft. They're best equipped to gather telemetry data, analyze it, and come up with a fix. Edge is still fairly new, there are and will be issues.

In the meantime, use the Netfilx app - it delivers the quality you want.

That's all I can offer.

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2016
  12. TrustMe Win User
    I would turn off the automatic installation of device drivers. You say after a fresh install everything is working fine and then it gets screwed up after a few days. Windows is probably updating a device with the wrong driver. This guide will stop all device drivers from downloading.

Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If you would like to pick and choose which drivers to stop downloading, then you can use the Show and Hide tool from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

TrustMe, Jun 19, 2016
  13. Getting fed up reinstalling this OS

Instead of reinstalling the OS, why not just use the Netflix app? You said it yourself that it works fine. I like the UI of the app and think it works very well.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting fed up reinstalling this OS - Similar Threads - Getting fed reinstalling

2. Fed Up with iTunes for Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fed Up with iTunes for Windows: I'm not sure if I have this in the right section, but here goes. I am fed up with Apple... iTunes for Windows and my iPhone 7... I have been trying for over a week to get my photos on my PC to sync with my iPhone... I am lucky if about 1/3 of them get synced... I have...
  3. FED UP WITH BING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FED UP WITH BING: How do I get rid of this it makes it difficult to start my computer and see my emails Stupid Bing, I can't see it in apps to uninstall it please help Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fed-up-with-bing/51f88a65-87e1-4bf9-b0b0-5d3e6548129e
  4. Hacked and fed up with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hacked and fed up with it: Cant get rid of them. Him / her. Somehow they managed to get onto two of my computers and get adminastative rights. Basically own my computers. So no matter what i do it has no effect. and ive been trying everything for the last three months. Every thing of any value is...
  5. I'm fed up with this.........................

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm fed up with this.........................: At least once a day I get a Notification - bottom right of screen Windows 10.......... "Microsoft Account Problem". If I click on this I get taken to a Settings window headed "Shared Experiences Accounts Some of your accounts require attention Fix Now" So when I...
  6. beyond fed up now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    beyond fed up now.: Nothing is working on my computer. Netflix, and apps I usually take for granted. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this without having to take my computer into a shop to be looked at....
  7. Fed up with "Agree to cookies" or similar

in Browsers and Email
    Fed up with "Agree to cookies" or similar: Hi there Am I the only one who is getting fed up with the incessant popups on web sites "Please agree to cookies" or similar -- even google does it with increasing frequency. Is this because of some change in the law or whatever -- I'm sure most people get really irritated...
  8. Fed up with Cookies....

in Browsers and Email
    Fed up with Cookies....: What's the latest on blocking Cookie notices altogether.... ? 128070
  9. Fed up with Cookies....

in Windows 10 Support
    Fed up with Cookies....: What's the latest on blocking Cookie notices altogether.... ? 128070
  10. FED UP WITH WINDOWS 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FED UP WITH WINDOWS 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: This is insane!!! Who's going to pay for my new PC??? It's a nightmare using Windows 10! UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost ruined my PC once!! Sooooooooooooooooo slow!!! 10 seconds to open up the start MENU!!!! So unbearably slooooooooooow!!!! obviously it's my hardware but...